Xd 45 magazine bent

This is a discussion on Xd 45 magazine bent within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My brother has a Springfield xd 45. The top of the magazine kept bending out, causing the mag to not slide in the handle. Is ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 1911er

Thread: Xd 45 magazine bent

Xd 45 magazine bent

My brother has a Springfield xd 45. The top of the magazine kept bending out, causing the mag to not slide in the handle. Is this a mag issue, or is something else wrong, hitting and bending the mag?
    We were using handloads at the time, and we only had one magazine at the time.
    I will try to attach a picture.
    Thanks in advance for any input!image.jpg

2. Remove Ads

Well, if it's bending out, towards the back, then the cartridge is being pushed back, no?

Yes, you will want to get another mag to check it against, and if it runs well then buy another two. Just make sure they're authentic SA mags, not knock offs.
    pittypat21 likes this.

What would be pushing the top round in the mag backwards? We were using lead bullets. Is it possible that when the slide slides back, there is more friction because its a lead bullet, and it drives the round to the back of the mag before it chambers it?
    We will load up some more and try it again this weekend...hopefully.

It's really hard to see it the picture, but there is actually a crack where it is bent

I don't think that is a Factory Magazine ,but a cheap piece of crap.Not all magazines are created equal and Chinese knockoffs use cheap untempered metal that will distort and bend.Your in NY so that round limit thing is gonna bite you unless your LEO,if you are then buy Factory Magazines
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I don't think that is a Factory Magazine ,but a cheap piece of crap.Not all magazines are created equal and Chinese knockoffs use cheap untempered metal that will distort and bend.Your in NY so that round limit thing is gonna bite you unless your LEO,if you are then buy Factory Magazines
    Similar thinking here. OEM XD mags are bright stainless, not blued steel. If this is a ProMag, I wouldn't even use it as a paperweight.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Links