SCCY CPX-2 9mm Review - Page 2

SCCY CPX-2 9mm Review

This is a discussion on SCCY CPX-2 9mm Review within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Great review Chris! I have not shot one yet but they seem to be well designed and I like the ergononmics of them. After looking ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 61
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: SCCY CPX-2 9mm Review

  1. #16
    Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Mountains of Western North Carolina
    Posts
    1,411
    Great review Chris! I have not shot one yet but they seem to be well designed and I like the ergononmics of them. After looking at your pics of the SCCY field stripped it looks just like my Kel-Tec PF-9. Enjoy your new SCCY!
    DetChris likes this.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13


  2. #17
    Senior Member Array Zralou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    874
    Quote Originally Posted by amendment4 View Post
    don't forget the life time warranty,regardless of owner.
    That was the next step if the 'turn springs' fix didn't work.

    As for Glock holsters, I tried my SCCY in both the G34 Blackhawk, and the G19 Blackhawk Serpa, the SCCY wouldn't go anywhere close to fitting in either of them.

    Sara Lou
    If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you lost...

    Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn...

    It never gets easier, you just get stronger...

  3. #18
    Member Array Ceapea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    381
    Quote Originally Posted by Zralou View Post
    That was the next step if the 'turn springs' fix didn't work.

    As for Glock holsters, I tried my SCCY in both the G34 Blackhawk, and the G19 Blackhawk Serpa, the SCCY wouldn't go anywhere close to fitting in either of them.

    Sara Lou
    That's strange. I have a custom made holster for my G19, and my CPX2 fits in there real nicely.
    The man's nuts....grab 'em!
    A pistol free zone is a crime spree zone!
    NRA Life Member
    Thugs that comply, don't die!
    Thugs that comply, don't die!
    Repeat...

  4. #19
    Senior Member Array AmmoFan01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Southeastern Ky
    Posts
    567
    A gun shop in my area has several sccy pistols in stock. I almost bought one for home protection but I ended spending a little more and went with an M&P 9mm instead. I have never owned a sccy firearm but I believe they are very similar to kel tec.

  5. #20
    Member Array Remy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceapea View Post
    That's strange. I have a custom made holster for my G19, and my CPX2 fits in there real nicely.
    Is that holster leather or kydex.

  6. #21
    VIP Member Array StormRhydr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Music City, USA
    Posts
    3,308
    OK, Im more impressed than I can say with the OPs review. All I can say is "Thanks" for all the detailed info. Wow!
    DetChris likes this.

  7. #22
    Ex Member Array DetChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,625

    SCCY CPX-2 9mm Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Zralou View Post
    That was the next step if the 'turn springs' fix didn't work.

    As for Glock holsters, I tried my SCCY in both the G34 Blackhawk, and the G19 Blackhawk Serpa, the SCCY wouldn't go anywhere close to fitting in either of them.

    Sara Lou
    The Serpas and other IWB holsters of the type don't hold into the CPX-2 very well. It'll fit but it's jiggly and loose. I know because my Fobus G19 paddle holster does this.

    I've had success with my leather/kydex Foxx hybrid and a pocket holster though. Anything that depends of exterior pressure to press the gun in place.

  8. #23
    Member Array Ceapea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    381
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    Is that holster leather or kydex.
    Leather.

    See it here...https://blackhillsleather.com/concea...ress-line.html
    The man's nuts....grab 'em!
    A pistol free zone is a crime spree zone!
    NRA Life Member
    Thugs that comply, don't die!
    Thugs that comply, don't die!
    Repeat...

  9. #24
    Member Array Remy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceapea View Post
    Ok. Thanks.

  10. #25
    Sponsor
    Array SHTFGearLLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,137
    Great Review! I noticed a lot of questions about holsters for the SCCY CPX-2. I just thought I'd mention that we just barely started making holsters for that handgun. They are formed on a SCCY CPX-2, so there won't be any fit issues.

    You can check it out here.

    SCCY CPX-2

    -Clay

  11. #26
    Member Array Ceapea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    381
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    Ok. Thanks.
    You're welcome!
    Also, any holster designed for the Kel-Tec P11 will fit.
    See this one...Don Hume JIT Slide Holster
    Amazon.com: Don Hume JIT Slide Holster Left Hand Black KelTec P11 Leather J966660L: Sports & Outdoors

    I have one of these too (for the other side, I like to be able to wear a pistol on either side). It was made for the SCCY, as the SCCY seems to be identical to the P11. (But it is better finished, has a better trigger, is better shooting, etc...)
    The man's nuts....grab 'em!
    A pistol free zone is a crime spree zone!
    NRA Life Member
    Thugs that comply, don't die!
    Thugs that comply, don't die!
    Repeat...

  12. #27
    Senior Member Array Zralou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    874
    Quote Originally Posted by DetChris View Post
    The Serpas and other IWB holsters of the type don't hold into the CPX-2 very well. It'll fit but it's jiggly and loose. I know because my Fobus G19 paddle holster does this.

    I've had success with my leather/kydex Foxx hybrid and a pocket holster though. Anything that depends of exterior pressure to press the gun in place.
    Actually what I found was, the SCCY wouldn't go inside the Blackhawks because the trigger guard is longer on the SCCY than the Glock, so it 'bottoms out' before seating in the trigger guard area of the holster.
    What I did find tho' is, the SCCY fitted in the Fobus paddle holster I have for my Taurus PT92.

    Sara Lou
    If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you lost...

    Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn...

    It never gets easier, you just get stronger...

  13. #28
    Member Array Remy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    325
    DetChris, how does the CPX-2 recoil spring compare to your G26 (as in to rack the slide)? As in for someone who is a novice or has weaker hand strength.

  14. #29
    Ex Member Array DetChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    DetChris, how does the CPX-2 recoil spring compare to your G26 (as in to rack the slide)? As in for someone who is a novice or has weaker hand strength.
    The configurations are different - without knowing all the gun geek jargon, the SCCY's spring is like the LCP's. It has two springs in the space of one. The Glock has a dual encapsulated spring assembly. But both aim to reduce recoil on smaller guns.

    Honestly the G26 and CPX-2 both has identical felt recoils. Even with the SCCY being a whole 5 oz less. It's really quite remarkable. The grip of the SCCY is just a hair slimmer than the Glock which helps with felt recoil too. I'll say that my 200 rounds through the SCCY were very pleasant. Not at all what I expected.

  15. #30
    Member Array Remy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by DetChris View Post
    The configurations are different - without knowing all the gun geek jargon, the SCCY's spring is like the LCP's. It has two springs in the space of one. The Glock has a dual encapsulated spring assembly. But both aim to reduce recoil on smaller guns.

    Honestly the G26 and CPX-2 both has identical felt recoils. Even with the SCCY being a whole 5 oz less. It's really quite remarkable. The grip of the SCCY is just a hair slimmer than the Glock which helps with felt recoil too. I'll say that my 200 rounds through the SCCY were very pleasant. Not at all what I expected.
    Alright. Thanks for that.

    What I was looking for more is the ability to rack the slide (on an empty gun, inserting a mag, and racking the slide for the first round) compared to the G26. For someone who might have trouble racking a semi-auto slide...I've heard/read that some are easier to rack than others. I know that technique has a lot to do with it also.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

sccy

,

sccy 9mm

,

sccy 9mm review

,

sccy 9mm reviews

,
sccy cpx 2
,
sccy cpx 2 review
,
sccy cpx-1
,

sccy cpx-2

,
sccy cpx-2 9mm
,
sccy cpx-2 9mm review
,

sccy cpx-2 review

,

sccy review

Click on a term to search for related topics.