Changing my edc help

This is a discussion on Changing my edc help within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; By the time I'm satisfied with my EDC ill be an old man. I've change my g23 to a 19 with an l/w barrel. G19 ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Changing my edc help

Changing my edc help

By the time I'm satisfied with my EDC ill be an old man. I've change my g23 to a 19 with an l/w barrel. G19 spring and mag. Should note i've put the 3.5 ghost connector in a yr or so ago. Now I'm at the age old question, too modified for EDC? I can easily go back to the 5 lb connector, but that does not change the fact that I made a 40 a 9.

2. Remove Ads

I personally like my carry guns as stock as possible.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

I'm not fond of real light triggers. But that's just me. I don't go scouring the interweb for case law and the such, but there's always someone who is claiming that changing your trigger pull could be used against you in court. There are others who will deny it.

I personally wouldn't change my stock trigger weight on a carry gun. I prefer the heavier pull. It's a few extra pounds of pull to keep me from shooting myself in the leg on the draw. At least that's my feeling.

Well, you got the word "Glock" down just right, now we have to get you to understand "stock"...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

It depends on your jurisdiction. Is the DA's office pro citizen or pro criminal? This is not determined by how they describe themselves we all know the answer to that one. Look at citizen involved shootings and what they have focused on.

I'm in agreement with going back to the stock trigger, certainly no big deal and the novelty has worn off. Now I'm questioning essentially changing the 23 to a 19. Are there ccw concerns with this change? Not asking anyone for legal advise as I would not give it either. Just some personal opinions..

I have gone full circle with most of my Glocks. I gave found that after a few thousand rounds, the stock trigger system is smooth as silk. I have never had any problem switching to conversion barrels. I think the 40 S&W Glocks are the best since you can change to two other calibers without much fuss. By the way, I do not like the 40, just the Glock frame. I carry 357 Sig most of the time, if not a 45 ACP 1911.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    --Richard Henry Lee, 1788

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by sportkcjc View Post
    I'm in agreement with going back to the stock trigger, certainly no big deal and the novelty has worn off. Now I'm questioning essentially changing the 23 to a 19. Are there ccw concerns with this change? Not asking anyone for legal advice as I would not give it either. Just some personal opinions..
    Not to , but see post #4

Preference? I would prefer the 9mm over the .40...less snappy.OMOYMV
    If you like the .40, then keep it and buy another Glock in 9mm...now you would have TWO dependable firearms.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

All of my carry guns are stock.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

I have done the mod thing and too have returned things back to stock on my carry guns.

VIP Member
    It makes complete sense to me, to leave carry guns stock (except maybe for the sights).

My carry gun isn't for shooting tight groups. Its only use is for an emergency where the adrenaline dump will be so extreme, that I doubt I will be thinking that the trigger is too heavy, or has too much creep.

Oh, and the closest solution to finding the 'perfect' carry gun that I've found, is to own many of them.
    zonker1986 likes this.

Yep, your are reinforcing what I thought. Thanks

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    If there is one thing that the Trayvon Martin trial should have taught us its, LEAVE YOUR Protection guns stock! I watched the whole trial and it was flabbergasting to see how the prosecution and tried to use the features of the gun to establish a motive. They even stated that since the gun had a round in the chamber and the gun was "double action" he was ready to kill! Thankfully, the jury didn't buy this and George Zimmerman had attorney's good enough to counter the argument. Imagine if you don't have the quality of Attorney George did, and you had a "Hair trigger" on your gun ensuring you could kill quicker, or if you had something on your gun that says "Smile Wait for flash" YOU where taunting your prey, or a threaded barrel so that you could attach a silencer so nobody would know shot your victim......

I know this seems a little far fetched; however, anything you have will be put up infront of a jury of your peers...I mean 12 idiots that couldn't get out of jury duty.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

I think people obsess to much on what if.

All my guns are modified in one way or another. I was a cop in the day when I had to carry a box stock revolver, the double action trigger SUCKED. I even competed in PPC with a box stock revolver because with a daughter in diapers I could only afford my duty gun. I shoot my carry guns in IDPA, I love the fact that for so little money you can add a connector to a Glock and improve the trigger. For every argument against I can think of an argument for modification. There must be 100 1911 gunsmiths that do custom work on those.

I like the trigger I get on my Glocks with 10 minutes work and $35.

The ONLY time I have heard of this because some fear monger says that some prosecutor may accuse you of accidentally shooting someone. Besides, the gun is evidence, it cannot be legally tampered with (maybe test fired for ballistic matching). Your gun is certainly not going to be disassembled and tested with a micrometer.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Not to , but...
    Too late. It was dead when it started.

The problem with triggers isn't the trigger. You can figure out what it is, though.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links