SD40VE Apex Tactical spring kit and trigger

This is a discussion on SD40VE Apex Tactical spring kit and trigger within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone ever put one of these apex trigger kits in any of your guns. I have an sd40ve that has a god awful trigger ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: SD40VE Apex Tactical spring kit and trigger

SD40VE Apex Tactical spring kit and trigger

Has anyone ever put one of these apex trigger kits in any of your guns. I have an sd40ve that has a god awful trigger and I've heard the apex kit makes the sd's trigger reminiscent of an m&p. I'm talking about replacing the actual trigger and adding the spring kit. thoughts?
    193.jpg
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large, is that they be properly armed."

2. Remove Ads

Should you ever have to use your sidearm for defensive purposes, and something goes south, the Prosecuting Attorney of your jurisdiction will want to know if the firearm was 'modified' in any way. "Modified Firearm" is very much a Legal Term and can have terrible consequences.
    The question will appear on your depo, guaranteed. That is a very bad thing and makes your firearm a liability & can put your freedom at risk. Seen it.

It is better to get a firearm that is the way you want it 'from the factory'. Sights, grips & other non-mechanical parts are different.
    Mods are for firearms not 'intended' to ever be used for 'self defense'.
    Unmodified firearms 'may' keep you from being prosecuted, regardless if the mod is actually related to the incident.
    The courts will give you law. Common sense and Justice are different subjects. This is one big CYA subject.
    cthruit likes this.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

Quote Originally Posted by patri0t View Post
    Should you ever have to use your sidearm for defensive purposes, and something goes south, the Prosecuting Attorney of your jurisdiction will want to know if the firearm was 'modified' in any way. "Modified Firearm" is very much a Legal Term and can have terrible consequences.
    The question will appear on your depo, guaranteed. That is a very bad thing and makes your firearm a liability & can put your freedom at risk. Seen it.

It is better to get a firearm that is the way you want it 'from the factory'. Sights, grips & other non-mechanical parts are different.
    Unmodified firearms 'may' keep you from being prosecuted, regardless if the mod is actually related to the incident.
    The courts will give you law. Common sense and Justice are different subjects. This is one big CYA subject.

I second that, pari0t. Too much legal precedent...not about the truth. It's about what a legal whore can convince the jury that you've done wrong.

Please please please... show me one actual case where this was a primary issue... I will buy you a beer if you can.

If it makes you shoot the gun better, do it. Apex makes a great product, and if makes the gun better for you to shoot, have at it.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Apex Tactical has You Tube videos on installation. I put sears and Rams in to of my MPs it was a breeze. Made a big difference on trigger pull (lightened) and cut the trigger rest in half. Really Like there stuff.

The SD40VE if you have it for a target range gun is just not the gun you want. If you want it for SD then its fine as it is. Just takes a bit of shooting it to get used to the trigger but its no worse than most DA revolver triggers and better than some out of the box.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by rugerista View Post
    Perfect! great link, thank you!
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large, is that they be properly armed."

May lower the trigger weight but it is only a spring kit and will not fix the long travel and reset.

I gotta be honest all the BS I hear about "Modified" guns makes me wanta barf,Changing parts is one thing and The only thing that I can think of that would get you in Deep Doo Doo in court is if you lightened the trigger pull or filed on a sear that made the gun Unsafe.I have a friend with a competition 1911 that the trigger pull is about #2,there is no way I would carry a gun with a trigger that light since you may inadvertently in a stress situation apply enough pressure to fire the gun which would be really bad if the suspect is raising his arms when you bust a cap in his ass,or if you filed on a sear or engaged in home gunsmithing and the gun AD'd and hit somebody I carry a 1911 with a 4# trigger and it is safe.
    40Bob, Taurahe and Rigrat like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Show case law to support your statement or stop being a fearmonger.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

CJM
    Ignore the typical bs fear mongering that's typical on the internet about changing parts in a carry gun. I have put both the spring kit and AET trigger from Apex in my SD9 and the combo turns a mediocre gun into a real shooter.

Yes, it does lighten the trigger pull from the 8-9 lb range to around 5.5-6 lbs, which is a perfectly acceptable, widely used and common trigger pull weight. It also makes the pull nice and smooth. The reset is still the same length which does not affect me, I shoot to trigger recovery not trigger reset. The AET trigger does away with the factory hinged trigger and eliminates the stacking feel that you get from the hinged trigger.

I have over 2000 rounds through my Apex'd out SD9, and many thousand dry fires. I'm going to purchase another, and as soon as I run a few hundred rounds through it to ensure proper function from the factory, it will be getting the Apex treatment. $60 in parts and about 20 minutes of your time is quite the bargain.
    40Bob and mrwonderful like this.
    "Thank you for the advice Mr. Vice President, but I'll be keeping my AR15 for defending my home and family."

Quote Originally Posted by cthruit View Post
    I second that, pari0t. Too much legal precedent...not about the truth. It's about what a legal whore can convince the jury that you've done wrong.
    Do you have any links to support this claim?
    40Bob and Taurahe like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar

This is why all my guns are bone stock and will stay that way

Quote Originally Posted by Once View Post
    This is why all my guns are bone stock and will stay that way

That is why you will never own a gun that performs at maximum potential....... fear mongering has got you in its grasp.
    mrwonderful, 40Bob and atctimmy like this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links