my new toys!

This is a discussion on my new toys! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; so about a week ago I turned to the dark side and traded a guy for a gen 3 glock 27. it came with two ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By 9mmjoy
  • 1 Post By revldm
  • 1 Post By RETSUPT99
  • 1 Post By QKShooter
  • 2 Post By BigJon10125
  • 2 Post By 9mmjoy
  • 1 Post By tdave

Thread: my new toys!

Talking my new toys!

so about a week ago I turned to the dark side and traded a guy for a gen 3 glock 27. it came with two mags and he had already put night sights and a ghost trigger job on it. I FREAKING LOVE THIS GUN!

ive been through alot fo guns/ calibers to find one that was a perfect mix reliability, concealable, comfortable to carry, and stopping power. and for me it fits all the criterias!

I was pleasantly surprised when I shot it, I really expected it to be more snappy but it wasnt bad at all. vary controllable and fun to shoot the trigher was smooth and crisp, and I shot it pretty well. alot better than I thought I would my first time out, but im vary vary pleased with it and my performance together. it has without a dought become my EDC.

the only holster I have for it at the moment is a cheap size 4 Blackhawk pocket holster that an also be used for IWB, and thats the way ive been carrying it at about 4, 4:30, and it disappears. but I looking at a crossbreed supertuck for it.
    IMG_00000080.jpg

recently I hav also picked up a new couple new EDC knives and a EDC flashlight. ill start with the light.

it is a 5.11 tactical TMT PLx . I glad I picked this thing up for sure. this is my first EDC flashlight so I didnt wont to drop a tone of money on something I wasnt sure if I was gonna keep using and at 30.00 bucks I dont feel like I did.
    a little bit about it: its 90 lumens which is enough, waterproof, runs on two AAA batteries so thats easy to replace, and it has a lense down clip.

Needless to say im feeling good about this investment as well.
    IMG_00000088.jpg

now on to the knives:
    my main carry is now a SOG flash 2. its almost 8" overall which when i frist got it a was kinda mad because it was bigger than I expected but I gotta say that this thing dissappears in my pocket! the assisted opening mechanism is still super quick( I use it all night every night at work and open and close it probably over 100 times a night) and it has kept its edge pretty well. I have been using this knife like this for about 2 months now couldn't be happier.
    my back up EDC knive is now a Kershaw shuffle. I hadnt heard or seen before but I saw it in the case at walmart of all places for 15.00 dollars!! I couldn't believe it so I picked it up with a couple of boxes of ammo and wow! thsi knive seems a solid as a 100 dollar knife and is sharp as can be right out of the box.

well I guess thats all i have to say about that. hope you all enjoy cause I know Im enjoying all my new toys!
    IMG_00000087.jpg
    gatorbait51 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

You might want to look at Alien holsters as well. They are as good as crossbred but half the price. they have a life time warranty. I am trying one out now. I have worn it all day it seems pretty good.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Nice toys...you have great taste!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    Congrats. Nice new toys.

One suggestion on your SOG Flash II would be to permanently put your little sliding safety in the OFF position. There had been more than a few times when I have taken my SOG out of my pocket and the little sliding safety had engaged and moved onto SAFE on its own.

Which would REALLY slow that knife down if you believed (like I did) that it was OFF and you needed the knife in a big hurry for self defensive purposes.

I mixed and rolled up a tiny little ball of EPOXY PUTTY and pushed it into that little opening to permanently keep mine off SAFE.

QK Disclaimer:

Make your own responsible adult decision as to if you want to do that or not.
    Though it has never happened to me ~ it would be highly unlikely...but....mechanically possible for your knife to open in your pocket if you were to deactivate that safety - so decide for yourself if it is worth it for you to do that - or not.

It is already possible
    for it to move OFF safe in your pocket if you have it on SAFE - so I don't personally see it as a problem to keep the knife in an always known and ready condition.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Christmas in November! Congrats!
    gatorbait51 and QKShooter like this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

QK: that safety has engaged in my pocket before too. It's annoying but I just havnt done anything to make sure it stays open, but plan too. But besides the safety it's a great knife.
    gatorbait51 and QKShooter like this.

Congrats on your new toys enjoy them.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Congrats on the G27. I have a Gen 4 G27 and it has been perfect since day one. Take a look at Ozarks Holsters for a hybrid.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

VIP Member
    Welcome to Glock-ville USA. Nice target for first shots. It gets better all the time!
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Links