Defensive Carry banner

Who carries an SP101?

4K views 32 replies 26 participants last post by  fowler 
#1 ·
I bought one a few years ago with the intent of carrying it when the day came that I could get a permit. That day is coming the first of January and I haven't selected a holster yet. Any suggestions?

#2 ·
Nice Ruger, As for a holster you have to decide how you are going to carry it IWB OWB Smartcarry etc.. Alot of that depends on your clothing, job, and what is comfortable for you. I would try some different cheaper hoslters to find what you like and then get on of the better ones made for you.

#6 ·
When I bought mine I had plans to send it off to Weigand Combat for one of their package jobs. Jack Weigand quit doing that kind of work before I could get it sent.
I did the bead blast on it then polished out the cylinder flutes. Added a Trijicon front sight, Wolf springs and the Eagle secret service grips.
It's a good shooter and I always planned on using it for carry but became concerned about weight and bulk. It won't be my primary carry piece, I bought a PT145 for that but I'd still like to carry it now & then.

#8 ·
You mean there's people who don't carry the SP101? It rides surprisingly well in an Andrews Leather front pocket holster (thought it wouldn't because of the weight, but it does) and I really like the Mernickle SOB holster (even though some say to not carry that way).

#10 ·
I have an SP101 and carry it about 30% of the time. I have an OWB leather holster - very nice - but OWB just isn't for me. I usually pocket-carry the thing and find it fairly easy to do so. You need deep pockets and loose pants - but it conceals comfortably and I have no problems with that method. Use an uncle-mike pocket holster - about $8.

#12 ·
I bought a SPNY model mostly for the rarity of it than to carry it. The SP101 is a solid well build shooter. While mine is rare, it is definately not a safe queen. It was a tad heavier than I would like for CCW so I stick to my 638-2. I would not hesitate however to carry it when needed. I would like to add a .357 version to the club.

#16 ·
I have one and carry it on occassion. For when I worry about being concealed I have a Milt Sparks Summer Special. Around the house (mostly when I carry it) I use a Don Hume JIT OWB.

#17 ·
My wife just saw the pics..... she said great looking gun!!!!!! I guess I know what she's getting for Christmas.

#20 ·
Regal Movies

I went to movies yesterday and on the way out I noticed a
small sign with a handgun on it with a slash through it saying
no firearms allowed. This is Augusta ,Maine give me a break!
We have seen a dramatic increase in crime to due drugs and
the problems associated with them.But we always see an increase
around the holidays it just seems to bring out the worst in the bad guys!I just don't understand management thinking ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.