Range report Revolver, S&W Model 60 Pro 3" barrel.

This is a discussion on Range report Revolver, S&W Model 60 Pro 3" barrel. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Range report S&W Model 60 Pro 3" barrel; Finally got some good uninterrupted range practice time in with my new Model 60 Pro. Sorry no ...

Like Tree11Likes
  • 3 Post By ArmyCop
  • 2 Post By czman2006
  • 1 Post By GentlemanJim
  • 1 Post By ArmyCop
  • 2 Post By BigJon10125
  • 1 Post By camsdaddy
  • 1 Post By Easy8

Thread: Range report Revolver, S&W Model 60 Pro 3" barrel.

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar

Range report Revolver, S&W Model 60 Pro 3" barrel.

Range report S&W Model 60 Pro 3" barrel;

Finally got some good uninterrupted range practice time in with my new Model 60 Pro.
    Sorry no pic’s – it was just me – no one to take any pic’s or video.
    The 60 Pro is my EDC and after yesterday I feel pretty good with that being the case.
    For years I had been a semi only guy & for various reason’s came over to revolvers.
    Yesterday’s practice was carrying under an untucked polo shirt OWB DeSantis holster at around 2-2:30 position.
    Started off with spent shells since I have no snap caps.
    Practiced pulling shirt up with left hand – drawing and point shooting strong hand – one hand only.
    Distances were from in your face out to 7 yards.
    After several practice draw and point shoot with empty cartridges I loaded up live ammo - 38 special solid rounds and did the same practice drills.
    No problems – all shots were within the area of a large paper plate – approximately 12” circle again from in your face to 7 yards distance.
    I’ve had a hard time finding 357 ammo so I limited a session to one set of those. I didn’t notice a whole lot of difference from the 38’s – some but not as much as I had expected.
    After the draw, point and shoot practice drills I moved out to 40 yards and was pleased that I was able to hit the steel silhouette targets (two handed) without any problems.
    Lastly I finished off with a few of the close up draw, point and shoot sessions without my prescription glasses – using safety glasses only and was happy that results were almost as good as with my prescription glasses but again I was point shooting and not really depending on sight picture.
    Next time out I plan to practice pocket carry, draw and point shoot practice drills.
    For God, Family and Country!

2. Remove Ads

Used to have the same revolver. one of the few I regret selling! You are going to love it!
    ArmyCop and gatorbait51 like this.
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar

Jim
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanJim View Post

Jim
    Yeah, I know. I'll try to get someone to go with me next time. :D
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    For God, Family and Country!

Sounds like a good match. I would feel confident with that gun and your abilities. I carry a SW J frame always. I love it (442) but really want an old steel classic like the 60. Can't wait for the pics.
    gatorbait51 and ArmyCop like this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

I love my 60, even moreso now that I bobbed the hammer. While not the 3" I really like. I wish they made a 3" 60 with fixed sights.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Great job love that gun. I had same problem finding .357 / .38 for practice ended up setting up a reloading bench best thing I ever did now can go any time shoot as much as I want. Now my sons keep me busy reloading for them. If
    I could only get them to police more brass than they take to the range theres always a bunch on the the ground. Ended up with the lyman turret t-mag works pretty well, have a crusher but to slow.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Senior Moderator
    I carry a 605 in my pocket just practice keeping your thumb on the hammer when you draw so it won't snag on the way out.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

VIP Member
    You'll be onto something when you can pocket carry an N frame...

Distinguished Member Array svgheartland's Avatar
    I'll be waiting for the pocket carry report. I've got that model but don't see that working for me. I love the gun, to be sure. Keep me posted.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Links