prospective S&W bobtail incoming...1911 guys got a short notice question for you!

prospective S&W bobtail incoming...1911 guys got a short notice question for you!

This is a discussion on prospective S&W bobtail incoming...1911 guys got a short notice question for you! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK I know this is short notice as I only have a couple hours but I have agreed to a trade that will make me ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: prospective S&W bobtail incoming...1911 guys got a short notice question for you!

OK I know this is short notice as I only have a couple hours but I have agreed to a trade that will make me the owner of a S&W 1911SC E-Series bobtail. Value wise I think I am doing ok on the trade but I wanted to ask the 1911ophiles around here about the inherent quality of the Scandium S&W 1911's. Are they a quality gun? I was hoping that I'm not getting into a pistol that has a bad track record like some mass produced 1911's.

Here's the gun.
    tgt_pics6392175.jpg
    gatorbait51 and 357and40 like this.

Distinguished Member Array 1911er's Avatar
    It is usually highly regarded. S&W lifetime warranty only applies to original purchaser. Fully check it out before purchasing (really only applies to any cracks in the frame or slide because if you have extraction problems, for example, then you simply replace the extractor.)

Would I do the trade? Yes, I would.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Thanks!
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array 1911er's Avatar
    PS, since it's an aluminum frame you'll want to check the feed ramp. It cannot be polished. Make sure the ramp isn't dinged or gouged. Read the sticky on how to check the 1911. Bring a fired .45ACP shell with you to test the extractor. Make sure you take it apart and check the slide for cracks - much more important on a Glock.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glocknjeep View Post
    OK I know this is short notice as I only have a couple hours but I have agreed to a trade that will make me the owner of a S&W 1911SC E-Series bobtail. Value wise I think I am doing ok on the trade but I wanted to ask the 1911ophiles around here about the inherent quality of the Scandium S&W 1911's. Are they a quality gun? I was hoping that I'm not getting into a pistol that has a bad track record like some mass produced 1911's.

Here's the gun.
    tgt_pics6392175.jpg
    Enjoy the gun,man

I wouldnt hesitate..... if you did have issues SW's CS will most likely take care of it... they fixed my shield knowing i bought it as a private party sale used.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

VIP Member
    You didn't say what you were giving in the trade.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Rem 700 aac sd with a redfield scope
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Administrator
    Scandium is really kinda neat. It is actually an alloy consisting mostly of Aluminum with a very small % of added Scandium.
    That small addition really toughens up the Aluminum and adds much in the way of toughness, strength, and tenacity.

Very cool
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    I would say, without knowing the caliber of the rifle, that it would appear to me, to be a fair trade, with you perhaps coming out a couple dollars ahead,
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Quote Originally Posted by 1911er View Post
    It is usually highly regarded. S&W lifetime warranty only applies to original purchaser. Fully check it out before purchasing (really only applies to any cracks in the frame or slide because if you have extraction problems, for example, then you simply replace the extractor.)

Would I do the trade? Yes, I would.
    When using S&W for warrantee work on a M&P,I've never been asked if I'm the original owner.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

Distinguished Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glocknjeep View Post

Here's the gun.
    tgt_pics6392175.jpg
    Not sure what yoru trading away but when it comes to 1911s most die hard collectors
    avoid these,I know I would .......
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Why are they avoided?
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    I would also like to know why these 1911's are avoided among collectors. If I had the extra cash and could get one it would be in my safe NOW.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    SCGunLover1

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links