Xds trade for 30s

This is a discussion on Xds trade for 30s within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Never thought I'd become a glock guy, but the unthinkable has occurred. I'm considering trading my xds 45 for a glock 30s or glock 36. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Xds trade for 30s

New Member Array Duckhunter38135's Avatar

Xds trade for 30s

Never thought I'd become a glock guy, but the unthinkable has occurred. I'm considering trading my xds 45 for a glock 30s or glock 36. I like my xds but I have a G19 gen 4 that I love and have become a fan of Glock in general.

My xds has grip extension, talon grips and big dots on it and I can shoot great with it, but five more rounds in a 30 s is appealing.

Any one CC a 30s?
    Should I make the switch?

2. Remove Ads

My ole 36....

I owned a XD before they where XD's (HS 2000) ....but after my first Glock...its been my striker fire pistol of choice...

Yep, the Glock-36, my EDC, bigger holes...less weight and smaller grip, just go pick one up.
    Duckhunter38135 likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I was thinking about it at first but since I have a lot of money into it I decided to keep it for now, (maybe, big maybe).
    Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27, Gen4 G29
    XDm .45 ACP 4.5
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

In a word: Absolutely.

Aside from the G19 which is a rock star, the G30S is Glock's other best gun. I absolutely adore mine.

Trade an Xds for a glock the term for that is trading down often done with cars when people can not afford the payments.

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Trade an Xds for a glock the term for that is trading down often done with cars when people can not afford the payments.

In your opinion but not mine and I'm sure there are plenty of others who'd agree.

To the OP, it might not be a good idea to trade off a pistol you shoot well. The best option would be to buy the G30s and then sell the XD if you really like the Glock. If the G30s does not work out you can then sell or trade it if you wish. FWIW, I almost bought a 30s several months back but went with the Gen 4 G30 instead. It is a sweet shooting pistol.
    Bad Bob and DetChris like this.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Really?

Trading a Yugo for a BMW is trading down?

OP--I'd make that trade in a heartbeat.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

VIP Member
    Buy the Glock and hang on to the Springfield. If money is the concern, well, none of us can make that decision for you.

I will say that if you like the G19, either the G30s or G36 would not be a hard transition. The G36 will actually fit most holsters for the G19 if that is a consideration.
    DetChris likes this.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

VIP Member
    My question is "Is your XDS even reliable and safe"? Those guns have been pretty spotty on their short track record.
    Tundra5.7 and DetChris like this.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

VIP Member

Thumbs up

Carrying a G30SF as I type this. It tends to get carried more than the rest.
    DetChris likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckhunter38135 View Post
    I'm considering trading my xds 45 for a glock 30s or glock 36.... five more rounds in a 30 s is appealing.
    Put the 30/20S/30FS in your hand. Work all the controls. Change the back straps if possible to get a better feel for the weapon. You'll know immediately if you should do the trade. Call your nearest LGS and see if they have one in stock. Then drive down and check it for yourself.

I have medium hands and cannot stand the 30S' feel in my hand. ymmv.

Springfield Armory ReCall Registration
    Springfield 3.3 XD-S .45ACP pistols - serial numbers between XS500000 and XS686300
    They added a roll pin to the grip safety and changed the sear and springs.

Now, what are the real reasons for your wanting to change? Supposedly the XDS trigger is better than the Glock trigger and you may have to change the G30 serrated target trigger for a flat one from the G17. You'll probably end up changing the sights, too. And depending on model you may end up installing extended take down levers, extended mag release, extended slide release, maybe doing some trigger work mods. It's a lot to consider.

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911er View Post
    Put the 30/20S/30FS in your hand. Work all the controls. Change the back straps if possible to get a better feel for the weapon. You'll know immediately if you should do the trade. Call your nearest LGS and see if they have one in stock. Then drive down and check it for yourself.

I have medium hands and cannot stand the 30S' feel in my hand. ymmv.

Springfield Armory ReCall Registration
    Springfield 3.3 XD-S™ .45ACP pistols - serial numbers between XS500000 and XS686300
    They added a roll pin to the grip safety and changed the sear and springs.

Now, what are the real reasons for your wanting to change? Supposedly the XDS trigger is better than the Glock trigger and you may have to change the G30 serrated target trigger for a flat one from the G17. You'll probably end up changing the sights, too. And depending on model you may end up installing extended take down levers, extended mag release, extended slide release, maybe doing some trigger work mods. It's a lot to consider.

I could be mistaken but to change the serrated trigger on the 30s, I believe he would need a smooth trigger from a G20/21?

Anyway FWIW, I'm one who swaps out the serrated triggers on the 23's and 27's for smooth face triggers but the 45 ACP recoil is not nearly as sharp as the 40 S&W to my hands. I find the G30 to be a very soft shooting pistol and have left the serrated trigger in mine.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

New Member Array Duckhunter38135's Avatar
    Thanks for all the feedback. I'll hit the gun shops this weekend and do some shopping.

As for the recall, I never had a issue with mine. Gun has never missed a beat. been waiting on the rush to calm down before I send it in.

As for trigger, I actually prefer Glock over the xds.

Got a buddy with a 30sf and the slide is just unnecessarily thick, but the 30s with the 36 slide is perfect for what I'm looking for.

New to trading guns, so would this be a trade I could make straight up?
    I have xds big dots, grip extension and talon grips on it and will have an extra 7 round mag when it gets back from Springfield.
    DetChris likes this.

I have been thinking about doing the exact same thing. My only concern is the added with of the G30s compared to the XDs. Plus the 30s doesn't come in OD to match my G21 LOL. Magazine interchangeability between my G21 and a 30s would be very nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links