CZ P-09 Duty....anyone have one?

This is a discussion on CZ P-09 Duty....anyone have one? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Another thread sent me to the CZ website, and this little gem caught my eye. I have heard of them, but have not actually seen ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: CZ P-09 Duty....anyone have one?

Another thread sent me to the CZ website, and this little gem caught my eye. I have heard of them, but have not actually seen one in person, so i have never really given them thought. I am saving funds for a full size 9mm for HD and range play, and this is a very impressive little piece from the spec sheet. All the reviews seem to sing its praise on high, but gun mags never say anything bad so they dont mean much to me at all. I would like some feedback from anyone who has a P-09 Duty. The good the bad the ugly.........

with 19rnds on tap that is a healthy dose of reality for a BG..... my concers are sight / magazine availability, holster options ( yes I will CC it during the winter), and the other usual things. I assume it is like any other CZ.... built like a tank and impossible to kill. So let me hear what yall think.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

VIP Member
    No feedback on the P-09, but I own and carry it's little brother (which came out first) the P-07. The reliability has been what is expected from CZ. Magazines for both the P-07 and P-09 are available around here. Holsters for SA XDc work for the P-07, I'd guess the standard XD holster would fit the P-09. After market sights aren't currently available, but you I believe CZ does list a Tritium sight on their store.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I'm currently looking for a P-09. Or at least one I can fondle for a bit and see how it feels. No CZ retailers near me unfortunately. Not sure if I'm willing to buy one without at least holding it and dry firing a few times, otherwise I'd look for one online. Been hearing very good things about them though.
    blitzburgh likes this.
    Tactical Junior Senior Instructor Of Advanced Tactics
    The Gecko45 Tactical Academy of Tactical Tactics
    Master of the Tactical Back Flip
    Internet Gun Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Hatrix View Post
    I'm currently looking for a P-09. Or at least one I can fondle for a bit and see how it feels. No CZ retailers near me unfortunately. Not sure if I'm willing to buy one without at least holding it and dry firing a few times, otherwise I'd look for one online. Been hearing very good things about them though.
    Same here.... My local cz dealer said they are very hard to get for some reason and they have never had. They did have a used p-07 on the shelf and I really really liked nit a lot, if I can't find a p-09 when I am ready I would def consider a p-07 as well

Some people are like slinkies.... There not really good for much, but you can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Have held both at a gun show they are very close in size feel fantastic. I have the P 01 an love it best out of box I ever shot, they replaced my Glocks. When the Duty 9 is available around here I will own one.

Distinguished Member Array Eric357's Avatar
    The more I read about CZ the more I want to handle one. I have never seen one around these parts.
    blitzburgh likes this.

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    I seen them,even FDE ..
    19+1 Rounds of 9MM is about the most I have heard of also from a
    production gun ... :)

Quote Originally Posted by 1911er View Post
    Im not into gun shows... too many people. It makes it too hard to do business in a timely fashion. and our gun shows shows are known for exorbitant prices.
    ~Daniel Webster

Senior Member Array flintlock62's Avatar
    My niece who is a police officer has a CZ P-09 and really likes it. I have never shot it, but I take her word for it, it's a good service gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    Another thread sent me to the CZ website, and this little gem caught my eye. I have heard of them, but have not actually seen one in person, so i have never really given them thought. I am saving funds for a full size 9mm for HD and range play, and this is a very impressive little piece from the spec sheet. All the reviews seem to sing its praise on high, but gun mags never say anything bad so they dont mean much to me at all. I would like some feedback from anyone who has a P-09 Duty. The good the bad the ugly.........

with 19rnds on tap that is a healthy dose of reality for a BG..... my concers are sight / magazine availability, holster options ( yes I will CC it during the winter), and the other usual things. I assume it is like any other CZ.... built like a tank and impossible to kill. So let me hear what yall think.

I wouldn't mind the CZ P07 version in .40S&W. seems like an excellent carry model.
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Buy it, like gold. If ya don't like it, easy sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric357 View Post
    The more I read about CZ the more I want to handle one. I have never seen one around these parts.
    The 75-series guns feel roughly similar to a Browning Hi-Power, IMO, though they feel a tad fatter around on the grip circumference. Balance is somewhat different in the shorter CZ's as compared to the Hi-Power, but the longer ones can feel remarkably like a Hi-Power in the hands. Same great accuracy, too.

Well worth traveling, a bit, to find one or more of the different models. You might be able to put out the word at some of your nearby ranges, too, asking to find a range member who's got a couple and who would be able to introduce you to them. Hard not to like the CZ's.

BTW, you might be able to find a stocking dealer nearby, using the Gallery Of Guns web site (Davidson's).
    Last edited by ccw9mm; November 22nd, 2013 at 09:45 PM.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I have a P07 and I absolutely love it!

I have 1911's, Sigs, Glocks, etc etc...but I have to say, my sub $500 CZ P07 is by far one of my favorite pistols. It is accurate, reliable and goes bang every time. It fits my hand like a glove and I really can't speak anymore highly in its regard.

That being said...when I lay eyes on its big brother the P09...I will buy one without even giving it a second thought. Period!
    Taurahe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JT353 View Post
    I have a P07 and I absolutely love it!

I have 1911's, Sigs, Glocks, etc etc...but I have to say, my sub $500 CZ P07 is by far one of my favorite pistols. It is accurate, reliable and goes bang every time. It fits my hand like a glove and I really can't speak anymore highly in its regard.

That being said...when I lay eyes on its big brother the P09...I will buy one without even giving it a second thought. Period!
    From my understanding.... the hardest part is actually finding a P-09. I have been to every gun store around me and every dealer said the same thing... if you want one and fins one, get it because they have never had one in store.
    ~Daniel Webster

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links