New Member, bought LCR357

This is a discussion on New Member, bought LCR357 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Been casing our local Gander Mountain for weeks now looking for a LCR357. Surprised when the clerk told me that they had 4 arrive in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Been casing our local Gander Mountain for weeks now looking for a LCR357. Surprised when the clerk told me that they had 4 arrive in today's shipment. Looked over the LCR. Cylinder lockup seems solid and comes with the usual Ruger (built like a tank) quality. Plunked half down to hold it, will probably pick it up tomorrow. Already placed an order with Mika Holsters for a leather pocket holster. Surprise shortly after placing the online holster purchase Mika calls me.

welcome.. and good choice! I dont own one myself but I definitely want one! let us know how it shoots and how you like it.

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The LCR is a great gun, but the .357 can be a quite stout IMO, being so lightweight. I opted for the .38 spcl myself. aside from that, the LCR is a fantastic little gun that will be hard to beat.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Welcome! as a big time Ruger fan I am ashamed to say I do not yet own an LCR. soon...soon...
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large, is that they be properly armed."

Welcome from AZ . Hey could one of you guys/gals tell me is there a intenal lock on the lcr like S&W I could not get a straight answer from the manual. I know I want one if no lock. I think some had them inside the grips so did not ..

Thanks and oh Welcome again

I have an LCR 357. Love it. The Trigger is perfect . Shooting 357s with it is painful. It's my carry gun with 38+p. You made a great choice. I added a HiViz sight (very easy). LCR.JPG

The picture shows my LCR next to the SW Governor.

Welcome to the group.

Welcome from a fellow .357 LCR owner. Great little gun you have there!

The LCR .357 has a stainless steel frame as opposed to the lighter aluminum of the .38spl version. It is heavier, but should hold up much longer and have less recoil with .38spl or +P. I wouldn't recommend loading up with .357's unless your outdoors, backpacking, etc.

Too bulky and heavy for a pocket snubby for me, but a good choice for IWB/OWB carry. They have wonderful DAO triggers BTW!

Distinguished Member
    Great gun and great holster. Robert makes all of my pocket holsters. After trying many of the others, the Mika holster is the only one that never came out with my gun. I do not understand why anyone wants a fancy and expensive leather pocket holster that is molded to the gun so that you need to push off or catch it on the inside edge of your pocket. That is just another thing to remember to do and the holster is never going to be seen so why be concerned about how it looks?
    The worst thing about growing old is that other men no longer see you as dangerous.

I find the 150 grain 38 special rounds shoot on target. Lighter rounds shoot low.

125 gr 357 seems to shoot on target, but I don't shoot it quite often enough to say with confidence whether it shoots high or low, but, like I said, it seems to be on target with these lighter faster rounds.

As you can see, the little revolver shoots pretty accurately.

uploadfromtaptalk1383975624491.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    GGs
    BGs

”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”

Welcome from Nevada.
    Evil I!
    Wildhorse!
    Battle Born!

Quote Originally Posted by Dandyone View Post
    I find the 150 grain 38 special rounds shoot on target. Lighter rounds shoot low.

125 gr 357 seems to shoot on target, but I don't shoot it quite often enough to say with confidence whether it shoots high or low, but, like I said, it seems to be on target with these lighter faster rounds.

As you can see, the little revolver shoots pretty accurately.

uploadfromtaptalk1383975624491.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Nice shooting....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinJohns View Post
    I have an LCR 357. Love it. The Trigger is perfect . Shooting 357s with it is painful. It's my carry gun with 38+p. You made a great choice. I added a HiViz sight (very easy). LCR.JPG

The picture shows my LCR next to the SW Governor.

Welcome to the group.
    Nice Pair

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

My husband just brought one of those home yesterday. Along with a new 7 round Sig cartridge for me. mmmm I feel short changed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links