Smith 910 new carry gun.

Smith 910 new carry gun.

This is a discussion on Smith 910 new carry gun. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As some of you may know, my EDC was a smith 457. I love the gun. With all of the multiple attackers as of late, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Smith 910 new carry gun.

Smith 910 new carry gun.

As some of you may know, my EDC was a smith 457. I love the gun. With all of the multiple attackers as of late, I set out a search for a 9mm. I am a believer in carrying enough gun.

A little back history. I had a buddy stop over with a shotgun for sale. Stevens 12 gauge to be exact. Nice enough shotgun. I gave him 40 dollars he was happy and so was I. A friend at work was talking about how he hated his LC9, so I made an offer of a trade, even up. The LC9 had about 60 rounds thru it and didnt fit his needs. He checked out the shotgun and the trade was made.

Fast forward 6 months. A sales rep that works with our company had a friend that passed away, he told the widow that he would handle the sales of the guns for her, she didnt want them around anymore. I tell another friend at work that the LC9 is for sale. He said that he was interested. So I sold the LC9 for 250 dollars and bought the smith 910 for 250 dollars. Making my total investment 40 dollars. I ran a few hundred rounds thru it while on lunch during a class and it is exactly what I thought it would be. The more I shoot these 3rd gen smiths the more I like them.

IMG_20131019_145343.jpg
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Congrats on the firearms negotiations.
    Seems like a fair price to me...
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Congrats on the firearms negotiations.
    Seems like a fair price to me...
    Thanks Ret.

I did get a good deal.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Wheeling and dealing is half the game. Gotta love a 3rd Gen S&W. Love both my 4566 and 6906.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Very nice pistol and a darn good price too, congrats.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

I am impressed that you got this nice third generation S&W semiauto for $40. It is amazing what people will sell guns for when they are anxious to be rid of them for some reason.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

That's a dandy. I do prefer the older Smiths over what they make today.
    I'd definitely be carrying that. Good trading too.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Why can't I run up on gun deals like this. When you get to where you want to get rid of this Smith I will gladly give you your $40 back. I love to trade some guns I come up with are just for that purpose. I shoot them to make sure nothing is wrong and start looking for something I want that I can trade for what the gun is worth. Excellent trade enjoy.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I am a big fan of 3rd gen Smiths. I am carrying my 3913 right now. New Smiths ... ehh... not so much.
    Nmuskier and gatorbait51 like this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Thanks Ret.

I did get a good deal.
    You surely did. NICE!!! $40.00 bucks? Now that is some horse tradin'! I'm with Rollo, those older Smith autos, the 39 and 59 were good guns .

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    That's a dandy. I do prefer the older Smiths over what they make today.
    I'd definitely be carrying that. Good trading too.
    There is certainly something about them that I love. I have always been a fan of the DA/SA.
    glockman10mm likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorbait51 View Post
    You surely did. NICE!!! $40.00 bucks? Now that is some horse tradin'! I'm with Rollo, those older Smith autos, the 39 and 59 were good guns .
    The best part is it only had 35 rounds thru it. The gun had its original grease on it. The original owner shot it for the CPL and never fired it again. No cleaning, nothing, I couldnt believe it...

Great dealing man. I also love the 3erd Gen Smiths.I use to have a 910 and I liked it alot. But the 457 is my favorite S&W by far.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    There is certainly something about them that I love. I have always been a fan of the DA/SA.
    I have never had an issue with DA/SA. It has it's advantages.
    Harryball and bmcgilvray like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I am a big fan of 3rd gen Smiths. I am carrying my 3913 right now. New Smiths ... ehh... not so much.
    Even Rollo has difficulty breaking a S&W 3rd Gen--not impossible, but difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I have never had an issue with DA/SA. It has it's advantages.
    Take that as gospel.
    glockman10mm likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links