Got a new toy !!!!! Oh happy Day !!!

This is a discussion on Got a new toy !!!!! Oh happy Day !!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For a long time I have read review after review about how good this gun is, about how it eats everything, its built like a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Got a new toy !!!!! Oh happy Day !!!

Got a new toy !!!!! Oh happy Day !!!

For a long time I have read review after review about how good this gun is, about how it eats everything, its built like a tank, its super accurate, its almost infallible, and it its cheap to buy at less than $400 dollars NIB currently. What gun can this be, you ask ? Is it a new super polymer gun 2.0? some new franken glock? but wait, to be accurate, reliable, overbuilt and utterly amazing, it surely has to be made by HK, and cost at least a grand right? I say my friend, this gun is sure to impress and amaze...... so I am sure by now the suspense is killing you all. what gun could I have possibly found that is all that AND a bag of large pistol primers !!!!!!! My friends, I introduce you to the one, the only, the hopefully amazing.......

The RUGER KP95 9mm......

photo (5).jpg

Ok so i may have tricked yall, but you gotta admit, I had ya wanting one from the start

So I have been looking at various full size 9mm platforms, and narrowed it down to high capcity platforms of at least 15 rounds. In my interweb travels, I kept coming across references to the ruger P95. I literally could not find anyone who had anything bad to say about it anywhere. The negative criticism i did find wasnt actually bad in any way, more a personal assessment. Mainly that it wont win a beauty show. And they were correct. The P95 is no super model. Its not ugly.... I think homely is better term. Its like the girl ( or guy) in school we were friends with that wasnt cute, but they werent actually ugly. My KP95 still had the original purchase receipt dated 1999, which means I dont have a light rail. Mine is also the decocker model with no safety.

I just got home with but after playing with it I can say it definitely lives up to its name. Its big, its heavy, and its homely. Being a full size, it fills the hand completely, but oddly it feels excellent in my hands. The grip is neither to big or too small. The grip angle is very comfortable as well. It points perfectly when presenting, with the sights magically falling into place as if the hand of a shooting god was guiding it. I have to say I am not sure I have had a gun fit this nicely. So far I have to say am pretty stoked to score it. Perhaps the most impressive part, I picked it up for $250, LNIB. It has minimal wear on the polymer frame, but the innards look brand new.

Ill do range review first chance i get to get it out !!!!!
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

2. Remove Ads

Congrats! My brother has been looking for exactly the same model. The price he has always found is around $400. He's not willing to pay that much. You got a steal. According to him - believe everything they say - it's one of the most reliable pistols out there.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Congrats and enjoy!
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911er View Post
    Congrats! My brother has been looking for exactly the same model. The price he has always found is around $400. He's not willing to pay that much. You got a steal. According to him - believe everything they say - it's one of the most reliable pistols out there.
    Mine is the "1st generation" without the light rail... those were running 350'ish NIB so i thought I would look for an older one.... and I found it !!!!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    I kind of like the Ruger P series pistols. Nice snag, congrats!
    gatorbait51 and Eric357 like this.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

If it shoots anything like my p89 you'll love it's accuracy.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Congrats on your new purchase, hope you enjoy it for many years.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Congrats!

I've got its granddaddy - a P85 Mk II. Fits the description perfectly!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member

He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Big, nasty, ugly, and will shoot everything you put in it. Good pic up.....
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Nice looking shooter. fit & performance are all that really matters.

I traded a 7+1 carry gun I had 2 of for a NIB Canik 55 T-100 w two 15 rnd mags, yesterday. Ain't a beauty + a bit heavy at ~26 ozs empty, but parts are available and reviews are great.
    Better for me since I didn't need 2 identical sidearms & value is ~$250. better. I'm still a .45 guy, but if someone offers to pay me a couple hundred dollars to take a new sidearm, I think it unmannerly to argue.

He even met me 2 blocks from my house to trade, we looked at each others CPLs & left happy.
    I tossed in 5 boxes of 50 rnd Fed AE ammo (good enough for range) he wasn't expecting to even it out some. He got a good sidearm.
    Got to love a Win-Win.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

I have an older P95DC that I love dearly. Great gun!
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Nice gun how come i can never find a sweet gun for 250.00 i pay full price plus in Maryland . Suff is so expensive here
    gatorbait51 and Taurahe like this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Prepare for the onslaught of "Ruger makes a nice revolver but their semi autos suck."

Ignore the hate, and enjoy. Looking forward to the range report!
    gatorbait51 and Eric357 like this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

I've always thought those fugly, and they don't feel great in my hand. But they're everything you've said: rugged, built like a tank, will feed everything they touch, and they're fairly accurate. One of the more under-appreciated sidearms out there, IMO. If only they weren't so fugly.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Congrats. My first pistol I ever bought was a Ruger P89. You'll enjoy the P95 for what it is; a nice, solid, well built and reliable firearm!
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links