Ruger's listening

Ruger's listening

This is a discussion on Ruger's listening within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just read about the new Ruger LC380 (not LCP). They chambered the LC9 in 380 acp. Supposed to be a lot softer shooting and the ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 48
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Ruger's listening

  1. #1
    VIP Member Array nedrgr21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    3,636

    Ruger's listening

    Just read about the new Ruger LC380 (not LCP). They chambered the LC9 in 380 acp. Supposed to be a lot softer shooting and the slide is easier to rack. I think this was a really smart move.
    gatorbait51 and tony1990 like this.


  2. #2
    Member Array SuperRuger101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    144
    The LC9 slide is tough to rack, and the slide release is a bear to release, even with my hands. It's close to making it to my waiver wire list. Wonder if the Nano or Shield is easier all around.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Operation Joint Endeavor, Bosnia and Herzegovina, US Army, 1st Armored Div (1995-96)
    SFOR, Stabilization Force, Bosnia and Herzegovina, US Army, 1st Armored Div (1997-98)
    Operation Iraqi Freedom, Iraq, US Army, 3rd Infantry Div (2007-08)
    Operation Enduring Freedom, Horn of Africa, US Army (2010)

  3. #3
    VIP Member Array Bad Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Where the deer and the antelope roam
    Posts
    3,164
    If I wanted a bigger 380 i would carry a Walther PPK.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

    “Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

  4. #4
    VIP Member Array glockman10mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    8,905
    If they were listening to me, they would make a revolver that was lighter and put iron sights on their darned rifles!
    But their not.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

  5. #5
    JD
    JD is offline
    Administrator
    Array JD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    19,237
    The trigger leaves a lot to be desired as well. I wasn't too enthused with it. would rather have a Kahr P9 or better yet a Shield.

    In the .380 world I'd still take a Kahr P380 over the Ruger.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Array 1911er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    1,058
    I read the title and expected them to address the MIM front sight on their 1911s.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

  7. #7
    Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    1,747
    Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    Just read about the new Ruger LC380 (not LCP). They chambered the LC9 in 380 acp. Supposed to be a lot softer shooting and the slide is easier to rack. I think this was a really smart move.
    Oh yay. A .380 with the lousy trigger of an LC9 and a magazine disconnect. I've dreamed of this for years.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

  8. #8
    Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Exact center of CA
    Posts
    1,729
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    If they were listening to me, they would make a revolver that was lighter and put iron sights on their darned rifles!
    But their not.
    I met a Ruger designer once and asked him about the Open sights on rifles. He said for 95% of buyers they want scopes. For the other 5% they could have them put on their rifles. Leaving the open sights off made the rifles about $20 cheaper. DR
    gatorbait51 likes this.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Array Haystacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    628
    I keep bugging Ruger about making a small snub 44 special similar to the SP101. Maybe other folks may want to bug Ruger too?
    Doghandler and glockman10mm like this.
    NRA Life Member

  10. #10
    VIP Member Array glockman10mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    8,905
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerranger View Post
    I met a Ruger designer once and asked him about the Open sights on rifles. He said for 95% of buyers they want scopes. For the other 5% they could have them put on their rifles. Leaving the open sights off made the rifles about $20 cheaper. DR
    Next time you talk to him, tell him I have the number to a good shrink.
    Sure, I want to scope my bolt guns, but I also want iron sights to back it up.

    Scopes have made leaps and bounds for sure, but if someone pays big money for a hunt, and the scope gets broke, you are SOL and your rifle just became a high priced walking stick on a damned expensive camping trip!

    If you are paying 600 plus for a rifle, what's another 20, or even 50 for that matter?
    ctr, OD* and ugh762x39 like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

  11. #11
    VIP Member Array glockman10mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    8,905
    Quote Originally Posted by Haystacker View Post
    I keep bugging Ruger about making a small snub 44 special similar to the SP101. Maybe other folks may want to bug Ruger too?
    And S&W! How about another 696 at a decent price!
    Oh, I forgot; too busy copying everyone else.
    Eric357 and OD* like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

  12. #12
    VIP Member Array nedrgr21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    3,636
    Well crud, sounded good. Never played with an LC9. Never mind.

  13. #13
    VIP Member Array WrongRecroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    AZ moutain lands
    Posts
    4,119
    See I bough a lcp380 had the slide fitted with true night sights and a sweet Galloway trigger and houge grips and I am good I dont want a freaking safety or mag discount on a gun that small I have big hands and I know in a panic grab there is no way I could knock the safety off . When I saw the lc9 had a 'lawyer lock' I put it out of my mind as a gun to buy as well one more thing to go wrong..

    You know what I like Ruger to bring back is this


    Not made since 1985 and the price for the stock alone is 400 bucks now.. If they could do a new version better barrel mini with that I be happy.
    020_zps3e6a3a19.jpg Photo by macdaknyfe | Photobucket link where I got it from
    glockman10mm likes this.

  14. #14
    VIP Member Array WrongRecroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    AZ moutain lands
    Posts
    4,119
    Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    Well crud, sounded good. Never played with an LC9. Never mind.

    Here is a good tip before buying any gun , as plain as it sounds, go online and find the manual first and read about the gun. I have not bough at least 4 guns that I really really wanted because they were a pain to take down or clean etc. When I read that the lc9 has all the extra safety stuff I said na.

    Also if you do get any lc product check out Galloway percsion they are nice people and stock some great stuff for the mouse guns. Most of my guns are fitted with there stuff ( heavier springs ) better trigger etc.

    Also if you get a lcp do get night sights there is a company in SC that fits lcp and p3at with trajicon nights sights . I got to tell you man it makes a world of difference . Make my little gun feel real big..

    I don't work for these folks mind you , just like mouse guns and tinkering with them. Unlike most peopel who only used them as bug guns they are often my main carry piece so I dont mind putting a bit more love and money in them..

    I am planning on posting my Lcp photos sometime but mine kind of looks like this ( but has a red trigger and grips on it


  15. #15
    Member Array Augrunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    AL.
    Posts
    172
    I was hoping for .44 carbine news
    carracer and Hoganbeg like this.
    ARMY INFANTRY 11c

    What use is an unloaded gun? --Tony Soprano

    "A ___ is better than the ___ you left at/ in the ____" -- My answer to 99% of the ?'s on here

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

cleaning a ruger lc380
,
does lc9 have restrike ability
,
does lc9 have restrike capability
,
does the lc380 have restrike capability
,
does the lc9 have restrike capability
,
lc9 restrike
,
lc9 vs p238
,
ruger lc380 slide bite
,
ruger lc380 trigger upgrade
,
ruger lc9 restrike
,

ruger lc9 trigger upgrade

,

ruger lc9 trigger upgrade northwood

Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» DefensiveCarry Sponsors