Thinking of a CZ 75B stainless--what do you think?

This is a discussion on Thinking of a CZ 75B stainless--what do you think? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was thinking of getting a Sig p226 X-5 all-around BUT, for roughly HALF THE PRICE, I can get a stainless CZ 75B pistol. Who ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Thinking of a CZ 75B stainless--what do you think?

Thinking of a CZ 75B stainless--what do you think?

I was thinking of getting a Sig p226 X-5 all-around BUT, for roughly HALF THE PRICE, I can get a stainless CZ 75B pistol.

Who has a CZ 75B? Do you like it? Do you love it?

Is there any way the Sig is worth (almost) twice the price?
    Life is about service.

2. Remove Ads

Well, a friend has a 75 P-01 that he's had for 10 years. He brought it up when he visited this last weekend.

He'd never fired it. 10 round Clinton mags.

So we shot it. And shot it. Trigger is, well, OK I guess. Sights were snug. Quite a long reset.

But after shooting it, I'd buy one in a second. Felt great, all iron. Plenty accurate. A fine carry gun.

I ain't afraid of buying a CZ.

I love the CZ75. Sig is a very good gun with a stellar rep, but I don't like anything but the old 226,228,229,220 and so forth series.

The CZ-75 will never bowdown to any gun, regardless the maker.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Yup. Listen to the man.

Check out the NEW ones at TriStar. They are built like brick out-houses.
    I came across a T-100, Canik 55, 15+1, 2 mags, field cleaning kit, manual, etc.
    Shot a 2 inch group at 25 yards with the first mag.
    Well made, super tight, beautiful finish.

I sort of fell into it & with a trade & cash, ended up getting paid to take it. 3.7" bbl, 25.3 ounces, true slide release, 3 position combat hammer & large safety that works in all positions allowing for a true 'cocked & locked' 9mm.
    Parts available in Kansas City, MO.

The quality and reviews are beyond amazing. Price is supposed to hit $700. within 24 months. I don't doubt it. These are made in Turkey.
    I would have preferred the C-100, blued. 4,7" bbl, 17+1, 2 mags, same price.
    I can't remember the last time I shot a 2 inch group at 25 yards.

http://www.tristararms.com/ckfinder/...tarCatalog.pdf
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

I don't have any experience with CZ's but I really can't recall hearing a bad word about them and I'm itching to get one myself, just not sure which model yet.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    CZ-USA customized 75B Stainless.

Crimson Trace Lasergrips , CZ-USA action job and Nites.

This gun kept up with any SIG I've ever owned or shot.

The only ammo it didn't like was Blazer.

You can now get Nickel plated 75B mags ala the 75B SS Limited Edition, for your 75B SS.

SS LE MODELS are also very nice.

I've got a CZ75B and like it a lot. Easy shooter and accurate. I haven't worked it into any daily carry scenario, but I've run it a couple of times in local club action matches to get used to it. I've also used it to introduce a couple of new shooters to handguns because the gun handles so easily; weight, balance and grip seem to be easy for new shooters to adapt to, and the external hammer leaves no question about the cocked status. As a guy who's partial to the 1911, I like its ability to be carried cocked and locked. The tapered nose of the mags makes speed reloads faster than a 1911 with a mag well (once you've 'adjusted' that pesky mag brake).

I also have a Sig 220 that's seen a lot of use over the years. It's the most accurate out-of-the-box .45 I own, and I can say without equivocation that it is the only autopistol I own that has never, ever failed to chamber, fire and eject everything I've fed it (yep, Glock included). Machining and overall quality of construction are first-rate. But worth double the price of the CZ? Hardly. Maybe a 20 or 30% premium over the CZ, tops.

I'd jump on that CZ post haste!
    glockman10mm likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by Todd_Ohio View Post
    I was thinking of getting a Sig p226 X-5 all-around BUT, for roughly HALF THE PRICE, I can get a stainless CZ 75B pistol.

Is there any way the Sig is worth (almost) twice the price?
    Have shot a variety of CZ's, and a few SIG pistols. Other than some comparatively minor points of refinement, I don't feel the CZ 75 series is half the pistol a SIG P226 is, no. IMO, it's one of the better values for what you pay, and it's every bit as reliable and durable as many much more expensive pistols.

Would highly recommend any of the 75-series guns from CZ. P-01, PCR, 75B, even the 2075 RAMI if a compact is truly what you need. Excellent pistols.
    glockman10mm likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array BlackStallion29's Avatar
    A friend of a friend has one...won't shoot anything else.
    "Everybody gets knocked down in life. How you choose to get back up is up to you!"
    *NRA* *BFA*
    *GOA* *SAF*
    *NAGR*

Absolutely love the CZ's great shooters replaced my Glocks with them.

VIP Member
    I carry a CZ75 P-07 and have 4 CZ's more in reserve. Reliability will never be an issue with it. While not as well known as Glock and Sig. Those who know and appreciate fine guns love them. The trigger is a little rough when new, but will smooth out. Definitely worth what you pay for it and more.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

good heavy duty gun. hard to beat for the price. will shoot all day long.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

I have a CZ85B, the ambi version of the CZ75B. Shoots great. Had a few FTFs when it was brand new, but since the 200 round mark it has never had a failure of any kind. As pointed out, the trigger is a little rough at first but there are two ways to fix that. One is to disassemble the pistol and stone all the mating surfaces in the trigger system. The other method (and the one most people prefer) is to shoot the stuffing out of it, as it will smooth itself out after a while.

I thought I would carry mine, but it is a little heavy for concealed carry. If I were to carry OWB, it would be fine. This is also the gun I use for USPSA. Nice to have a gun that never stops and shoots a lot of bullets into tiny holes.

The only two modifications I have made are that I changed to the rubber grips (they are thicker, but I like the feel), and I put rubber bumpers on all my magazines (the ones from Beretta, for the 92fs, fit and are less expensive than the ones from CZ).

Go with the CZ. Being a lefty, I am a little prejudiced against SIG. Haven't found one that "fits" me.
    ccw9mm and RoadRunner71 like this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

VIP Member
    Well, I won't say anything surprising here. The CZ 75b is just an outstanding gun. The SIG is no slouch either, though, and you would likely be exceedingly happy with either one.

The only thing I will warn you about is the lack of after market items, primarily sights. They are out there but just not as ubiquitous as they are for SIGs. Also, magazine prices will be a bit of a shock to most people. Other than those two things, which I do not consider deal-breakers, I can't thing of any reason to NOT dive in head first and roll around in the joy that is CZ.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links