If you have an XDs in for recall don't bother calling or emailing them

This is a discussion on If you have an XDs in for recall don't bother calling or emailing them within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I sent my XDs 9mm back on August 30. I was hoping to get an update from them as to when it would be returned. ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: If you have an XDs in for recall don't bother calling or emailing them

If you have an XDs in for recall don't bother calling or emailing them

I sent my XDs 9mm back on August 30. I was hoping to get an update from them as to when it would be returned. I tried calling their customer service number and was guided to a recording that mirrors their updated posting on the recall website. I then tried an email and below is what I got back.......a copy of the recall notice off their website, and a "we're too busy to look up the status of your gun" email. Went by my local gun store tonight to at least get the Fedex tracking number so I could determine when Springfield received it, and they could not find it. Ouch.
    This entire XDs saga is wearing me out. Yes, I have other guns, so its not like I'm unarmed......but really? This is customer service in America today? Just makes me wanna run out and buy more Springfield Armory products and do lots more business with the airheads at my ex-local gun store.
    For those interested, I am no longer whining.....I am beyond P'O'd.

start at the bottom for the email chain......

Good morning,

The information listed below is the only information we have on the firearms. We cannot do individual status checks on the firearms that we have in for the recall.

Enjoy the day!

Trisha

Customer Service Representative

Springfield Armory

1-800-680-6866

trishak@springfield-armory.com

Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 8:22 PM
    To: Trisha K
    Subject: Re: XS9xxxxx

I have been without my firearm that I paid $650 four days before the recall since August 29. The least you could do is actually address the question I asked and not copy and paste the information off the recall website that does not tell me what I want to know.

Enjoy the Week!!
    Zonker 1986

To: Zonker1986
    Sent: Wednesday, November 6, 2013 5:43 PM
    Subject: RE: XS9xxxx

Dear Springfield Customer,

Shipping continues to go very well and the speed of the XD-S returns is increasing. Over the last week, we have upgraded and returned several thousand more pistols.

We are committed to achieving the fastest turnaround times as possible, and we will stick with that commitment until the last upgraded XD-S has left the Armory. Specifically, we expect to return upgraded pistols back to their owners as follows:

-All XD-S pistols received at Springfield Armory on or before September 10, 2013, will be upgraded and shipped back to their owners by Thanksgiving, if not before.

-All XD-S pistols received between September 11-30, 2013, will be upgraded and shipped back to their owners by Christmas, if not before

-All XD-S pistols received between October 1-31, 2013, will be upgraded and shipped back to their owners shortly after the holidays.

A very large number of pistols came into the Armory the first few days after the recall was announced. We are continuing to upgrade the first several batches received, and once we work through those pistols, progress will be even quicker. When your upgraded pistol is finished, you will receive a shipping notice and tracking information at the e-mail address you provided for the XD-S recall.

The entire Springfield Armory family greatly appreciates the patience and loyalty of our valued customers. As a reminder, do not use your 3.3 XD-S until the upgrade has been performed.

For further information, please follow the link below:

FAQ – Springfield Armory ReCall Registration

** To receive updates by Text message, Text XDS to 25827 **

Enjoy the day!

Trisha

Customer Service Representative

Springfield Armory

1-800-680-6866

trishak@springfield-armory.com

Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 12:35 PM
    To: Springfield Recall
    Subject: XS9XXXX

Sent my XDs 9mm back via my local gun store in Orlando, Florida, XYZ Gun Store on August 29.

Was hoping to receive a status update.

XDs 9mm

#XS9xxxx

thank you,

Zonker1986
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    I almost bought an XDs several weeks back. After this mess I'm glad I passed. Hopefully you will get your pistol back soon.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

I sent my XDs-45 in on 8/30, it was received there on 9/3, and returned to me on 10/31. The trigger pull seems about the same as before it went in. I am happy.

If you go to the SA website and enter the serial number, it will tell you the status of the gun.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.

NRA Endowment Life Member.

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

Croatia is a long way off Zonker:)
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Croatia is a long way off Zonker:)

I know....shoulda bought a Colt or another Glock.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    I sent my XDs-45 in on 8/30, it was received there on 9/3, and returned to me on 10/31. The trigger pull seems about the same as before it went in. I am happy.

If you go to the SA website and enter the serial number, it will tell you the status of the gun.

Really? Where. I was hoping they would have that, but I could never find it.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    Really? Where. I was hoping they would have that, but I could never find it.

Springfield Armory® ReCall Registration
    zonker1986 likes this.

Lima....you're a genious. I thought that was just for the initial Fedex tag.

Shows my gun was received by Springfield Armory which is a big help since my local store could not give me a Fedex tracking number. Of course it does not say when the gun was received.

WHY IS THIS THE ONLY PLACE THAT HAS EVEN MENTIONED THE LINK THAT LIMA GAVE ME?
    Not Springfield, not my local gun store. Wow. I am in shock...no really...can't move my shooting finger.

3.3 XD-S™ SAFETY RECALL

Your Serial Number XSXXXXX has been entered into our system

Your Recall Status: Your Gun has been Received

If you need assistance, please call 1-800-680-6866.

Go Back to Previous Page

Questions? Email or call us at 1-800-680-6866 | Privacy
    Copyright © 2013. All rights reserved.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

It sounds like your LGS waited a day or two before sending it in. It changes to your gun has been fixed, and then your gun has been shipped. I assume they will send it back to the LGS.
    zonker1986 and gatorbait51 like this.

VIP Member
    It seems as if the outrageous line and wait (3+ hours) at Bass Pro this time last year that prevented me from buying one saved me some troubles. No recall worries and passing up on the XDs lead to me getting my first 1911.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

It sounds like your LGS waited a day or two before sending it in. It changes to your gun has been fixed, and then your gun has been shipped. I assume they will send it back to the LGS.
    I owe you a beer. Thanks.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Zonker, that page will say "Your gun was received" until it is ready to ship. Then it will say "Your gun has been shipped back to you." It may take 1 or 2 days, however, before the gun actually ships, so you can relax if you do not immediately get a shipping notice e-mail when the status changes.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Sounds like Springfield Armory does not care a lot about their customers. I had an issue with my Ruger, and I had it fixed and back in my hands in 4 days. It was not a recall though. I wonder if Ruger would take as long on a recall?
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maddawg46 View Post
    Sounds like Springfield Armory does not care a lot about their customers. I had an issue with my Ruger, and I had it fixed and back in my hands in 4 days. It was not a recall though. I wonder if Ruger would take as long on a recall?
    my LCP was recalled in 2008.....had it back in my hands in less than two weeks. I know customer service with gun companies and I am ZERO impressed with SA lack of giving a crap......and to find out that there was a way of at least finding out if my gun had even been received by them I had to post this and find out on a gun forum, and not from their totally inept customer service department. They didn't mentioned the link that Limacharlie provided in a prior post.

...and for those that think we should cut SA some slack because they are so busy, there is a saying that applies. "If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch".
    gatorbait51 and Automatic like this.

I'm glad I got mines back from them already.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27
    Springfield XDm .45 ACP 4.5
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links