Taurus PD Poly

Taurus PD Poly

This is a discussion on Taurus PD Poly within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just picked this gun up the other day...Taurus PD Poly.. Winchester PDX 225gr 45 Colt.., Federal 000 Buck and Winchester 225gr Silvertip Great staggered load ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By blitzburgh

Thread: Taurus PD Poly

Taurus PD Poly

Just picked this gun up the other day...Taurus PD Poly..

Winchester PDX 225gr 45 Colt.., Federal 000 Buck and Winchester 225gr Silvertip

Great staggered load option

Have you had a chance to shoot it yet? If not, I hope you enjoy it.

As I mentioned in another thread regarding the Governor, some time ago I was considering the Judge/Governor but after reading and watching reviews, the novelty wore off (for me) by the end of a Hickock45's review. I wasn't too impressed with the .410 out of a pistol and I'd rather shoot 45LC out of a 45LC specific revolver and a .45ACP out of a bottom feeder.

I have heard great things about the PDX loads, but haven't gotten to test them out myself. If you have shot it, how do you like the performance?
    patri0t likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    Hope you enjoy it...not my cup of tea.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

The PDX 45 and Federal 000 are my two favorite rounds for the Poly Judge.

The 45's group like this at 7 yards from mine.

20130714_125108.jpg

I really like this Poly version of the PD....I have alot of carry options..over a dozen handguns....all are carry guns...but the Poly PD is one of my newest in my collection ...I think with Federal 000 buck and the Winchester PDX 45 Colt ..really steps up the .410/45 Colt handgun carry option....
    As ALL handguns they have there limitations...but within 25ft (7 yds) the .410 Handgun with the correct ammo is a great carry option...
    With my ,now traded Taurus UL PD Judge ,was surprising accurate out to 30ft with 45 Colt 250gr. LRN Cowboy loads

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    Well hope it works out for you but for 2oz you could have bought the all Stainless Steel model.

Sure would be a fine hiking sidearm in snake country. Those .410 shells would hold a LOT of 'snake shot'.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

It is nice to see more and more compaines making something of the 410 round now. I know these is one that is buck and slug made just for these 45/410 guns that engages the rifiling .

I have looked at some of these gun too great way to mix and match rounds .Let us know how it goes . I have seen some stub nose version that fire 45acp/45lc/410 and others that be fun.

Nice gun man .

Quote Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
    Well hope it works out for you but for 2oz you could have bought the all Stainless Steel model.
    Actually the Poly weighs 4 oz less than advertised....but I really got the Poly for durability over the stainless

Links