New Bersa BP9CC!

New Bersa BP9CC!

This is a discussion on New Bersa BP9CC! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had ordered a Bersa BP9CC a week and a half ago and I was finally able to pick it up today! Assuming it turns ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: New Bersa BP9CC!

Smile New Bersa BP9CC!

I had ordered a Bersa BP9CC a week and a half ago and I was finally able to pick it up today! Assuming it turns out to be as reliable as many of the reviews I have read claim they are it will be my first CCW (when I get licensed). I still need to clean it, but I took some photos of it with my Ruger P95 and my wife's Bersa Thunder .380. Sorry in advance for the poor quality. They were taken on my iPad.

P95 on top, BP9CC in the middle, Thunder on bottom
    image.jpg

Left to Right: Thunder, BP9CC, P95
    You can see the BP9CC is significantly thinner than the other two. Also, both Bersas are about the same height.
    image.jpg

Top to Bottom: Thunder, BP9CC, P95
    This picture makes it look like the Bersas are also about the same length but the Thunder is actually a bit longer as seen in the next photo.
    image.jpg

image.jpg

I tried getting a decent picture of the slide thicknesses but that was proving to be challenging with the iPad. Needless to say, the Bersas are a bit thinner. I don't have a scale to weigh the pistols but the P95 is significantly heavier, which is expected with being larger and holding 15+1. The Bersas feel about the same in my hand but the BP9CC seems a bit more top heavy than the Thunder. I'm guessing that has a lot to do with the thinner grip of the BP9CC.

Overall, I love how the BP9CC feels in my hand! I'm used to thicker guns, but the new Bersa won't take much getting used to at all. The gun appears to be very well made and I love the added touches of a larger front dot sight and the little spot on each side of the gun to keep your finger rested when it's not on the trigger. The one on the right side is perfect for my trigger finger and the one on the left is perfect for my forward thumb (using the forward thumbs hold). I was looking for a CCW pistol that wasn't a pocket gun but not huge and I think I hit the nail on the he'd with my first try. I can't wait to take it out for it's first range visit. Unfortunately that may be a week or two. Busy, busy, busy!
    ccw9mm, BurgerBoy and darbo like this.
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

Awesome score !!!! I have been wanting to play with one of these for some time now. I think they would make a great alternative to the 9mm shield. They are about the same size, but bersas's are hard to come by in my area for some reason. We need a full range report ASAP !!!!
    DJC7 likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

i've heard virtually nothing but positive comments about Bersa semi-autos. quite amazing, really.

good luck, and let us know how it shoots.
    BugDude, DJC7 and BurgerBoy like this.

Distinguished Member Array 1911er's Avatar
    You'll just need to be aware of roll pins traveling (same as on other polymer pistols), roll pin clips missing (known problem on the Bersa), bent pins, etc. You may also find that you may have to sand the trigger guard down in the right place to prevent finger bite. YouTube it.
    DJC7 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911er View Post
    You'll just need to be aware of roll pins traveling (same as on other polymer pistols), roll pin clips missing (known problem on the Bersa), bent pins, etc. You may also find that you may have to sand the trigger guard down in the right place to prevent finger bite. YouTube it.
    Oh. Did you mean this one: Glock 26 vs Bersa bp9cc - YouTube
    DJC7 likes this.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 19, 9mm.
    Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro, 9mm. Gave To Daughter To Carry.
    Self Defense Stories
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Congrats on the new gun! Someday I would like to be able to take .45 ultra compact for a test fire.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911er View Post
    Great tips. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy View Post
    Oh. Did you mean this one: Glock 26 vs Bersa bp9cc - YouTube
    This video makes me happy. lol I shot a buddy's G26 a couple weeks ago and was all over the place. I have no idea why but I just couldn't get the hang of it. Here's hoping my experience matches that of the guy in the video and find the Bersa to be extremely accurate!
    BurgerBoy likes this.
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

I think you'll like it more once you get to shoot it. Mine shot well and was a lot of fun.
    DJC7 likes this.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Don't quote me but I think that the BP9CC uses off-the-shelf stock sights if you want to add night sights. IIRC it's a Glock rear and some other brand front, I'd have to look it up. The trigger takes a little getting used to- it's surprisingly light! Nice shooting gun.
    zonker1986 likes this.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Hope yours is as fun and reliable as mine. Its the single stack 9mm that Glock should have made. Very light trigger
    with a fantastic short reset. Double taps are just amazing.
    The BP9CC has exactly the same dimensions as the SW Shield.....with the extened 8 round mag. The Shield can be used with
    just the 7 round mag making the grip a tad shorter than the BP.

Davidsons Gallery of Guns and Buds has quite a few BP's in stock for those interested.
    DJC7 likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I looked at one when I bought my shield....really nice little pistol IMHO. I've read several great articles on this little Bersa
    DJC7 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array 1911er's Avatar
    BB,

No, this one: Bersa BP9CC Trigger guard sanding - YouTube And yes, he should have used a tie-wrap or supermarket food plastic bag tie to hold it back so that the Dremel doesn't hit the trigger face.

Review: Bersa BP9CC Review Part II Range testing Carry Concealed Show - YouTube Starting at 2:22. At least Travis' review of the BP9CC was better than the Steyr: Steyr M9-A1 Glock Killer? A Range Review Part 1 Carry Concealed Show - YouTube (He liked the sights and said the trigger was better than Glock.)

As far as the BP9CC: BP9CC Slide locks back every shot - Page 3

Question: On a Glock, do you have to remove the mag, empty the mag, remove any cartridge from the breech, install an empty mag, point in a safe direction, pull the trigger, remove the mag, align the take down marks, remove the slide catch? http://www.bersa.com/pdf/BersaBPCC-maunal.pdf Pages 9, 10. {I didn't think so...}

Supposedly some have problems re-installing the recoil guide rod. Yes, it's supposed to stick out about 1/16".

This is the big one, though: BP9CC Trigger not resetting(also posted at bersa.com)
    BP9CC failing to click on trigger pull

Here's a reference to the "same as on other polymer pistols": LCP take down pin walking. - Ruger Forum

Like I said, "You'll just need to be aware of roll pins traveling." Before you shoot it, during the shooting session, as you clean it, while you carry it, etc. No "biggie" for most people. (It's like a 1911er checking the slide release/thumb safety tube not coming loose. Just being aware that it can happen fixes most of the problem.)
    BurgerBoy and DJC7 like this.

I love my Bersa Thunder 380.A good quality gun for the price.I originally wanted the nickle finished one but got the matte finished one since it was a good deal.
    DJC7 likes this.

I traded for one and shot about 200 rds through it with no problems then traded it off for something better and more expense. The trigger on mine was very light. Could not have been more than 2 lbs pull weight. It was accurate, buta pain in the but to take down until you learn how. They are good guns but I like a double stack better. Enjoy.
    DJC7 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Don't quote me but I think that the BP9CC uses off-the-shelf stock sights if you want to add night sights. IIRC it's a Glock rear and some other brand front, I'd have to look it up. The trigger takes a little getting used to- it's surprisingly light! Nice shooting gun.
    When I looked at videos it sys you can replace with a Glock rear sight and a Sig front sight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links