The Glock 25 cent trigger job.

This is a discussion on The Glock 25 cent trigger job. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know this has been asked or said before, but I'm thinking about doing one on my Gen 4 G26. So, I'm wondering if it's ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: The Glock 25 cent trigger job.

The Glock 25 cent trigger job.

I know this has been asked or said before, but I'm thinking about doing one on my Gen 4 G26. So, I'm wondering if it's really worth the effort or not. I'm know smooth and shiny metal on metal is optimal, but would you really say the trigger is improved to the point of noticeable change. Opinions welcome and first hand knowledge is much appreciated.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

I takes me just a few minutes to do it. I do it to all my Glocks. I think it is worthwhile though I wonder how much it really helps.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon. Go big or stay on the porch.

Not much difference that I can see
    There is nothing better than getting shot at and missed. It's really great. Gen. James Mattis USMC

Quote Originally Posted by 40Bob View Post
    I takes me just a few minutes to do it. I do it to all my Glocks. I think it is worthwhile though I wonder how much it really helps.
    Thanks Bob.. Knowing you feel it's worth the effort works for me. I've seen a few videos of how to do it, but I can't find one where someone has actually use a trigger gauge, and somewhat illustrated the before and after. Maybe it's no more than a cleaner and crisp feel that is felt more than a reduction in trigger pull. Think I've got a Sunday tinkering project line up.

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGramps View Post
    Not much difference that I can see
    None what so ever; did you do the full version or just hit a few spots?

thanks!

I don't know. But I have a Gen 2 that rivals SA triggers, and is better than some, and it's never been altered. So it may work well, all your really doing is accelerating the process of use.
    But hey, for a quarter, it's probably worth it.
    OD* and gottabkiddin like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

If your Glock is new, then it should be worth it.
    I have done quite a bit of work on my Glock 19 carry gun and polishing the contact points (other than the sear area, that I think should be left alone) and the firing pin safety plunger, did make a noticeable difference. It really is just accelerating the normal wear from use.

I also put in a Zev Tec V4 connector and 6# trigger spring, but that is more than most people recommend for carry as it drops the trigger pull to about 3 - 3 1/2 pounds.
    gottabkiddin likes this.

If you take your time and study the moving parts, you can eventually get a nice smooth trigger action. Watch a few YouTube videos. But don't just watch one or two, you gotta watch a bunch to see the different things guys are doing. Some guys use a little metal polish and a toothbrush, LOL, whatta waste of time that is.

There are about a dozen little spots in the Glock trigger mechanism that can have rough edges. By filing, sanding, buffing those edges down, you can make a HUGE difference..... Of course, it goes without saying, you gotta be careful, you want to retain the safe trigger action.
    gottabkiddin likes this.
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Its better because you want to "believe" its better. Just shoot the darn gun. That will make it better on its own.
    wheelyfun101 likes this.
    NRA Life Member
    Second Amendment Foundation Supporter

A 3.5 ghost is like 16$....

But the still polish parts while I have it apart...

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    I know this has been asked or said before, but I'm thinking about doing one on my Gen 4 G26. So, I'm wondering if it's really worth the effort or not. I'm know smooth and shiny metal on metal is optimal, but would you really say the trigger is improved to the point of noticeable change. Opinions welcome and first hand knowledge is much appreciated.
    I've done it to both my Glocks. There isn't much effort required. Actual improvement may be imagined but at least it does no harm.
    gottabkiddin likes this.

I must be crazy - I've never felt that the Glock trigger needed any improvement. Pull trigger...feel resistance...BANG. Dunno. Works for me.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member
    Did it to my 23, didn't notice a real, noticeable difference (LEO trade in). I didn't do a thing to my gen 4 19, but after probably 5,000 dry fire pulls ( I do dry fire practice almost every night) and around 1,100 rounds, the trigger felt like it became smoother and softer on the take up before the break, a bit nicer to me. Just got a almost NIB gen 4 G35 and the trigger is like my 19 was before I broke it in, and it even has the 3.5 connector in it. But who knows, maybe a .25 job and tons of dry fire pretty much do the same thing. I'd just shoot it and dry fire a lot, see where that gets you. If you want guaranteed difference, just put a ghost connector in.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

I thought glocks were perfect already?

Just kidding, folks!

I'm in a froggy mood this morning, don't shoot me, please.

:)

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    I must be crazy - I've never felt that the Glock trigger needed any improvement. Pull trigger...feel resistance...BANG. Dunno. Works for me.
    This ^
    I'm a big fan of both Glocks and Sigs for that matter, but unless you get target models, they are made to be defensive tools. Personally, I can't see using a defensive weapon with a homemade or YouTube action job. No disrespect intended, but you are just asking for mechanical or legal trouble.
    The RTKBA arms and gun control types are growing further apart. In a post SD shooting, the potential for a prosecutor that's a fan of gun control digging deep and looking to set precedent have never been higher. With defensive weapons, now is the time to be the gray man.
    Unreconstructed to the End.
    Dum Vivimus Vivamus
    Death smiles at us all...but only FMF Corpsmen smile back

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links