Boberg XR9-S

This is a discussion on Boberg XR9-S within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; American Handgunner magazine Jan/Feb 2014 has a nice article on the Boberg 9mm. Anyone here have any experience with this pocket pistol?...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By tokerblue
  • 3 Post By TDH1961
  • 1 Post By los

Thread: Boberg XR9-S

Boberg XR9-S

American Handgunner magazine Jan/Feb 2014 has a nice article on the Boberg 9mm. Anyone here have any experience with this pocket pistol?
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    --Richard Henry Lee, 1788

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

I don't have any experience with the XR9-S, but I know from a lot of pocket carry experience that 17.4 oz. is a heavy gun for comfortable pocket carry.
    DetChris likes this.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

I can't even afford to look at one.
    DJC7, gun_bushido and DetChris like this.

I thought about one, but was concerned that the pull-back feed mechanism could cause bullet/case separation, resulting in a jam that cannot be readily cleared. From their website, it appears such has happened. Not sure I could ever truly trust it - modern pistol ammo is just not designed to be fed that way.

And I will agree that it is heavy for pocket duty. If you carry it on a belt, then I'd go with something with more capacity.

It is a novel design, but I don't have a niche for it.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

los
    Here's a few comparison charts featuring the Boberg XR9S I rendered a few years back...:

connsolo likes this.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Thanks, Los! Very informative!
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    --Richard Henry Lee, 1788

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

I've fondled one at my buddy's LGS and the ergo's are FANTASTIC. The trigger pulls like butter and the pointability is perfect for me. Sadly, he pulled the guns off the shelf when the bullet separation issue came to light. One of their customers had this happen to them and they bought the gun back.

Links