Kicking this idea around

This is a discussion on Kicking this idea around within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; An M&P pistol in full size and compact have been on my short list for a while. I have been looking at them in 40 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Kicking this idea around

Kicking this idea around

An M&P pistol in full size and compact have been on my short list for a while. I have been looking at them in 40 & 45. I am just trying to decide between the full size or the compact first.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    compact for carry and full sized for home and range.
    rcsoftexas likes this.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

What I would do is get the 40 cal and the 9mm conversion barrel so you can shoot both cailbers all you need is the barrel and mags for it to run good. I was meaning to do that but found that me perosanl did not like how m&p tooks down so I sold them but still have the conversion barrels if anyone needs them . That way you can used whatever ammo is handy ..

I have shoot the 40 cal full size and it was smoth shoter .

So I get the 40cal compact if you can handle a smaller 40 cal and that way you have a HD and carry gun..

The only thing that make me get the 45 was to silence it .

Senior Member Array flintlock62's Avatar
    The M&P is a good pistol, but I would look at the FNH pistols before I made a final decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoplyte View Post
    An M&P pistol in full size and compact have been on my short list for a while. I have been looking at them in 40 & 45. I am just trying to decide between the full size or the compact first.

I really like my M&P40c. It has a little kick, but it feels awesome. I may have to look into the conversion barrel to 9mm - thanks WrongRecroom, did not know one was available.
    NRA Member
    Criminology Student
    Expert in learning :)

VIP Member
    I can not say enough good things about my M&P .40 c . Feels so good in my hand it shoots like a dream and feels great on my waist . I shoot better with it i know that sounds strange but it is true .

If i was into carrying 0n both sides i would have one left and right .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

I've got both, but in 9mm. I carry both, but prefer the compact.

Whichever you get, you'll wish you had got the other. That's how I came to own both.

I had both. I got rid of the other. But that's not to say I wish I hadn't.
    I've got a FS Pro Series in .40 S&W. I got rid of the compact in 9mm. It just didn't grow on me. Firepower aside, I prefer to carry slimmer pistols. Love my .40 though. It's my goto house pistol.

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Good friend has a M&P 40c and I really like it. Feels good in the hand and shoots well.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

VIP Member
    I've got the full size in 9 mm, trigger blows.......

Quote Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
    I've got the full size in 9 mm, trigger blows.......
    I heard they changed the trigger in the past year or so. Is yours newer or older?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Lead Moderator
    I like my full size enough I am looking to get a compact next.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    What I would do is get the 40 cal and the 9mm conversion barrel so you can shoot both cailbers all you need is the barrel and mags for it to run good. I was meaning to do that but found that me perosanl did not like how m&p tooks down so I sold them but still have the conversion barrels if anyone needs them . That way you can used whatever ammo is handy ..

I have shoot the 40 cal full size and it was smoth shoter .

So I get the 40cal compact if you can handle a smaller 40 cal and that way you have a HD and carry gun..

The only thing that make me get the 45 was to silence it .
    more info? I would like to look into this more.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xoolo View Post
    more info? I would like to look into this more.
    thanks
    2013-08-17 15.38.01.jpg

This is the storm lake conversion barrel . I have a long talk with a guy on my other site AZS and this is what he said to do either get the one pic or a factory barrel and the correct mag and you got a 9mm m&p from a 40 you can also make a 40 into a 357 with just the factory barrel. I am selling all of mine so if you can not find one in stock let me know ( mods sorry if this is not allowed..) I got mine from Midways it is about 140 or so for the storm lake barrels ( there is threaed and plain ones) and 80-90 for the factory barrels.
    Storm Lake Conversion Barrel S&W M&P 40 S&W to 9mm Luger 1 16 Twist http://www.midwayusa.com/find?userSe...=m%26p+barrels
    It is the same way with the glock 40 cal if you are familare with that same idea just drop in a new barrel and new mag and there you go

It is the really the best option impo you can practice with the chepper ( well used to be ) 9mm and then carry 40 cal or used 357 if you wanted ( the mags for 40 and 357 are the same).

Also as a add one if you get a newer (17 shot ) model EAA semi you can use thouse in any caliber you want ( I talk to the rep and by my understadning the newer EAA gun can shot 22,9,40,45,10mm all from one gun , this is due to Euro gun laws so hard to get a gun so only need one gun)

I have an M&P Compact 9mm. I took it brand new thru Fighting Pistol. 1K rounds in two days. It ran like a sewing machine. Fine weapon.

Id buy the compact first. You might not find the need for a full sized, after that. Also, if you simply have to go with 40 cal, the suggestion that you also buy the 9mm conversion I think is a fantastic idea.

Then again, you could simply get one in 9mm, and catch the wave with the rest of us

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links