Picked up my new CZ-75 SP-01

This is a discussion on Picked up my new CZ-75 SP-01 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 10 rounds from 10 yards 2013-11-21 17.06.40.jpg Yep.. I LIKE IT! Incredibly easy to shoot, great ergos, accurate, reliable (from the 500 rounds we put ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Picked up my new CZ-75 SP-01

Picked up my new CZ-75 SP-01

10 rounds from 10 yards

2013-11-21 17.06.40.jpg

Yep.. I LIKE IT! Incredibly easy to shoot, great ergos, accurate, reliable (from the 500 rounds we put through it). A damn fine pistol. My only complaint with the pistol is that I think the single action reset is a bit longer then it should be. Yes, I am still on the super short single action reset kick. I know this isn't the technical definition of SA but in my opinion a SA trigger should be BOTH light AND short. The CZ trigger is by no means bad and I think the reset is better then the Sig 226 that I owned but still not as good as my S&W 3913. How Smith managed to come up with such an amazing trigger in a gun that is like 25 years old amazes me. It also pains me to say because I REALLY don't like S&W. Anyway, I've gotten off topic...

The only other thing that I am iffy on with the gun (and this really has nothing to do with the gun) is the safety vs decocker models. I bought the model that comes with the safety. The gun has to to be manually decocked. That doesn't bother me. The thing that may bother me (I haven't decided yet) is that it has a safety (duh, right...). I've always moaned and complained about defensive pistols with safeties. Even though I understand that a safety makes sense on this gun I am still afraid that I will loose cred because I am kinda back tracking on what I said previously. On the flip side I do like the idea of being able to carry the gun hammer down/double action first shot OR carry it cocked and locked. I don't really see myself carrying the gun cocked and locked (or carrying it all) but it's nice to have options.

Anyway, I am EXTREMELY happy with the gun. I felt a little let down by the sig 226 but feel I more than got my moneys worth with the CZ75. 585.00 out the door w/ night sights.

2013-11-21 18.12.53.jpg
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

2. Remove Ads

You're going to enjoy it.

CZ's are pretty bulletproof, I give it two weeks before you Rollo it.
    OD*, gasmitty, blitzburgh and 1 others like this.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

CZ 75? Man you should are really stepping up man ! One of the finest damn 9 mm pistols in existence . You couldn't have made a better choice ! Enjoy

Er , uh, just don't tear this one up!
    gasmitty, 357and40 and OD* like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    CZ's are pretty bulletproof, I give it two weeks before you Rollo it.
    I think I am starting to loose my mojo. In the past 6 months I have bought 4 guns and haven't broken a single one. If this keeps up my legend is going to start to fade :(
    blitzburgh, WHEC724 and oneshot like this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    CZ 75? Man you should are really stepping up man ! One of the finest damn 9 mm pistols in existence . You couldn't have made a better choice ! Enjoy

Er , uh, just don't tear this one up!
    The only problem is that I want a Rami now

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I think I am starting to loose my mojo. In the past 6 months I have bought 4 guns and haven't broken a single one. If this keeps up my legend is going to start to fade :(
    I honestly think the CZ should be fine, it is one of the best military sidearms ever made. I have been looking hard at the CZ line lately, just trying to decide which one to get.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

The only problem is that I want a Rami now
    Never shot one, but I'd say they would be sweet.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

You think the SP 01 is great just wait till you get an SP 101! Just kidding congratulations and enjoy!

VIP Member
    If you decide to go with a Rami, get the de-cocker. The thumb safety on them is much smaller than on the 75B; too small in my opinion.

Congratulation on the new CZ. You won't be disappointed.
    AustinArmory likes this.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Never shot one, but I'd say they would be sweet.
    Very sweet indeed. My alloy Rami and PCR D are the two best all 'round pistols I've had in the past 4 1/2 yrs and that number is at 26-28. (Yep, 28, but the wife doesn't have a clue!) I'm a little more accurate with the PCR D, but NOTHING feels as groovy in the hand as the Rami. The only guns that I've had that came close to my CZ's were the XDm Compact 3.8's in 9 and 45.

The legend will never die!

Congrats on the excellent weapon. And don't worry about your previous statements on safeties:

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do... if you would be a man speak what you think today in words as hard as cannon balls, and tomorrow speak what tomorrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict everything you said today."
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Nice pick Rollo. I know how you feel about your 3913 as I have a 908 and it is hard to beat. CZ makes a great gun and it is good to have a variety. Enjoy.

VIP Member
    Gotta love a CZ. I own one - a 75D compact - but every other one I have held felt "just right."

Your experience is as mine - after the first range trip, I was "Man, I really like this gun."
    AustinArmory likes this.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Take it back, you missed one...

Congrats on the new pistola...nice looking firearm, I'm sure it will treat you very well. I've heard only good things about CZ pistols.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links