Purchased a new gun this morning

This is a discussion on Purchased a new gun this morning within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I purchased a Glock 27 Gen 4 today. I received the holster for my Ruger SR9c and felt a bit uncomfortable with the butt of ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Purchased a new gun this morning

I purchased a Glock 27 Gen 4 today. I received the holster for my Ruger SR9c and felt a bit uncomfortable with the butt of the gun so I researched best CCW guns again and kept coming back to the Glock 26 or 27. I already have two 9mm guns so I decided to experience something new and went with the hickok45 grandpa Glock favorite: the .40 cal Glock 27. It felt good in the hand and I think it will "print" considerably less while I'm carrying it as the butt of the gun is much smaller that the SR9c.

Anyway, just thought I'd share the news of a new gun as it's always exciting to me. Already ordered another Stealthgear Onyx IWB holster and I'll probably pick up some talon grips too.

What do you think about the G27 as a CCW?

Well, I carry mine every day.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I think... what do you think ?

lol.

It will be fine.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by constablejones View Post
    What do you think about the G27 as a CCW?
    Probably the best investment you will ever make for a carry gun. You'll be able to carry this with virtually any clothing type and in any weather conditions. Great concealability, good caliber, respectable capacity and outstanding accuracy. I hope you enjoy it!
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
    You'll be able to carry this with virtually any clothing type and in any weather conditions.
    That's what I wanted to hear. Thanks! I'm looking forward to bringing it home Wednesday after work.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    You made a great choice. I also have a Gen 4 G27 and have been very pleased with it. I carry mine in a Bianchi Carry Lock OWB and a Cooks IWB.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

I've had every kind of Glock and they are great shooters. Odd that I don't have one now, but that could change in a blink.
    The G26 & G27 are very popular carries. Either will do what you pay it to do.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

It's hard to go wrong with a Glock. The G27 is one of the many of them that I have and though I don't carry it anymore, it's a great gun and served me well while I did and I still enjoy shooting it at the range.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

The 9mm version (G26) is my go to gun for IWB carry. The baby Glocks are the perfect blend of size, weight, firepower and reliability in a easy to carry package. I have tried a LOT of guns for CCW over the years and I always end up back with the G26 for IWB carry. I admit that my LCP gets more carry time then my 26 does these days but that's not really by choice. Pocket carry is just a better option for me the majority of the time right now. If I had my way the G26 would be on my hip every day all the time I wasn't asleep.
    gatorbait51 and Eric357 like this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

The Glock 27 has been my carry gun for the past year and a half. Nothing compares.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

You'll be fine with the Glock. Critical Duty works well in them. High Noon make some great holsters for them. Galco is another good choice too. I'm sure our members will chime in with their experences in leather for CCW.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

I think you will find that for ccw it will be one of the best all around guns you can have. I carry my 26 90% of the time. I have guns that are thinner or lighter but the 26 and 27 are very versatile. Now that it is winter time and concealing is even easier I've bumped up to the 15 round mag with an x grip and it's still very comfortable.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array 1911er's Avatar
    What ammo are you going to be breaking it in with? (Stay away from PMC Bronze ammo, TulAmmo and maybe WWB) I assume that since this is your first .40 that you go with Federal 180g FMJ or TMJ, or Speer Lawman 180g FMJ, since it's numbers are 400 ft-lbs @ 1000 fps. That would be a nice baseline to start from. {Those are just the numbers I love; I don't like going over those numbers for my .45ACP}.

40 Caliber Smith & Wesson Ballistics Chart | Ballistics 101

BTW, Hickok45 is not human. He can shoot dual G23s, one in each hand. The guy's not human, I tell you.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

You were only three short of getting the perfect Glock (30)!
    Actually the G27 is a very nice concealed carry choice although the 40 caliber makes it a bit snappy. You may need some extra range time to get proficient with getting back on target with those follow up shots. Good luck!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    The pen may be mightier than the sword, but a .45 caliber sword on the right hip can come in pretty handy sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911er View Post
    What ammo are you going to be breaking it in with? (Stay away from PMC Bronze ammo, TulAmmo and maybe WWB) I assume that since this is your first .40 that you go with Federal 180g FMJ or TMJ, or Speer Lawman 180g FMJ, since it's numbers are 400 ft-lbs @ 1000 fps. That would be a nice baseline to start from. {Those are just the numbers I love; I don't like going over those numbers for my .45ACP}.

40 Caliber Smith & Wesson Ballistics Chart | Ballistics 101

BTW, Hickok45 is not human. He can shoot dual G23s, one in each hand. The guy's not human, I tell you.
    And if he's shooting only one G27, hit a gong offhand 3 out of 9 shots, at 230 yards.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    ...there is no arguing with such snivelling puppies, who allow superiors to kick them about deck at pleasure.

Captain Bellamy

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links