Defensive Carry banner

New back-up gun. Air-Lite .357

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  dimmak 
#1 ·
I always carry my HK Compact USP.45 with extra mags every time I can. Sometimes the clothes I wear prevent me from carrying this setup due to size. So I bought a S&W .357 Hammerless Air-Lite as a back-up when carrying the .45 or in case I can not carry the .45. The gun is awesome to carry, you almost forget it is there. Let me tell you though, if you are plannign on getting one of these and the sale guy tells you "It hurts", he is not kidding. I put 10 rounds through it and my hand hurt for the rest of the day. The lack of weight puts all the recoil right into the web of you hand. It will not be a range gun but I can promise that is a 24/7 gun. 2 thumbs up.

Will try to update with pics later.

#2 ·
My son got one for his carry earlier this year. With regular .38's it's not too bad but with full loads - bit ''ouchy'' !!

It's in a category I think where shooting comfort has to be sacrificed for the compact light nature of the gun - and practice with .38's or +P but - know where it shoots with heavy loads.

Once that is established and it is reliable then - pray to not have the day when it is needed - tho under duress I am sure we can all light off five big ones and probably not notice any pain! :wink:

#5 ·
Try Corbon DPX in your Air-Lite 357. Their 38+P has the least recoil of any +P I've tried and their 357 has much less recoil for me than the Speer Gold Dot Short Barrel. Another option is to load the first 2 with the 38+P and the last 3 with 357. I did that for a while, but now my 340 PD is loaded with 5 DPX 357's. I realize it says not to use less than 120 grain bullets in the 340 (the DPX 38+P's are 110 grain), but Smith & Wesson told me the minimum bullet weight applies only to 357. The DPX 357's are 125 grain.
coach

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.