Springfield XDS 45 recall

This is a discussion on Springfield XDS 45 recall within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking at trading on one but it's a recall model that's never been sent back. How long has the return time been. I ...

Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By ditchdoc1017
  • 1 Post By accessbob
  • 1 Post By ironmike86
  • 1 Post By Tundra5.7
  • 1 Post By 357and40
  • 2 Post By zonker1986
  • 3 Post By Fitch
  • 1 Post By Brent95

Thread: Springfield XDS 45 recall

Springfield XDS 45 recall

I am looking at trading on one but it's a recall model that's never been sent back. How long has the return time been. I am thinking this will hurt trade vaule.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Right now it has been running at between 70 and 80 days. It should start to get less at some point but based on mine (which arrived on Sept 3 at SA and I received 67 days later) and a lot of postings at XDTalk the 70-80 is what it appears to be now.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Got mine back. Works great. Dunno about trade value but its my favorite deep carry gun. Took my G27 place.If your worried about trade value just make sure you get a good trade now. Dunno but I still like my gun. Mine was 9/3 also but they didn't even have a fix then. Should be a lot quicker now. You can look at Springfield's site they can still give you a better estimate.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    I wanted to get an XDs but the recall has made me think twice and delay my purchase. However, if I could find someone that wanted to move theirs, I bet I could use that recall to negotiate a better deal.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

I got mine back with the first wave. I would wager mine was among the first received.

Zonkers complaining paid off. He got his back...
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    I got mine back with the first wave. I would wager mine was among the first received.

Zonkers complaining paid off. He got his back...
    mine was received by SA on the 9th of September. Per the Recall Website, all pistols received before September 10 would be returned by Thanksgiving. I got the call from my gun store at 4pm today. 90 days from the day I dropped it off at my gun store to back in my hands. Trigger is a bit stiffer than before it left, but still very nice. Just relieved this ordeal is over.

gatorbait51 and 357and40 like this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    OP: The most important thing to decide is if you want the gun or not. I didn't get the feeling you've decided that. Then worry about how to best buy it.

There is no 'right' price for the wrong product.

I have an XDs .45. It's a fine pistol. The recall was completed. The trigger is a bit stiffer but not enough that it affects how I shoot it. I'ts easy to conceal, reliable, shootable with combat accuracy. I bought it to have a summer carry that wasn't a .380. It works well for that.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

I sent mine in on Sept 4th and got it back this pat Friday.After 150 rds thru it,i can't tell any difference.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I ended up not treading for it. The guy was not up front about being a recall. I had to ask him 4 times in email he then said yes. Thar being said I changed my offer have never heard back from him.

Links