Full Size Sig 220 and/or 227

This is a discussion on Full Size Sig 220 and/or 227 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have the opportunity to purchase either (NIB): Sig 220R w/ NS --or-- Sig 227 also w/ NS. Are there still concerns with Sig extractors, ...

Thread: Full Size Sig 220 and/or 227

I have the opportunity to purchase either (NIB): Sig 220R w/ NS --or-- Sig 227 also w/ NS.

Are there still concerns with Sig extractors, etc. i.e. the use of MIM'd parts? If I am going to throw down the $$$ for one of these, I would like to know those issues have been resolved...

Or, I can always get a Gen4 G21...

I'll be setting up my rig with a belt from Tucker Gun Leather as well as their HF1 holster (matching set).

Thoughts, suggestions...?

Happy Thanksgiving!
    P.A.N.K.U.S. Ogre

“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”
    -Theodore Roosevelt-

A close relative of mine who is a retired police captain. he always was a revolver man, (Colt python .357 magnum) but told me if he ever decided to go with a semi auto it would definitely be a Sig.
    "A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves !"
    Edwards R. Murrow

You can't go wrong with either. Feel them both then, let your wallet decide what to buy. But either way you can't go wrong, and will never look back.

[QUOTE=pankusogre;2998727]I have the opportunity to purchase either (NIB): Sig 220R w/ NS --or-- Sig 227 also w/ NS.

Are there still concerns with Sig extractors, etc. i.e. the use of MIM'd parts? If I am going to throw down the $$$ for one of these, I would like to know those issues have been resolved...

Or, I can always get a Gen4 G21...

I'll be setting up my rig with a belt from Tucker Gun Leather as well as their HF1 holster (matching set).

Thoughts, suggestions...?

Happy Thanksgiving![/QUOTE

I have a Sig 220 Elite Stainless, beauty and a Greeeaaaaat Gun!

Full-size. AND, not light: think it weighs in at 39 oz. unloaded, figure 44 oz or something loaded. But I CCW it at times. Built-in Night Sights, Quick Reset Trigger, well-balanced, easy recoil, and my favorite semi-auto action: DA/SA and easy to learn he DA part of that. No safety switches to get off, Draw>Point>SHOOT, seamless. If you wear suspenders great help in CCWing this or any of the heavier guns (try these Perry Suspenders, thick, wide, good fashion and they clip on and off your belt in seconds - about $14 for the standard. These make any gun feel half as heavy; adjust to your comfort. Welcome to the Perry Suspenders eStore)

That's the one I know, the Sig 220, and I give it an A+ (the weight keeps it from being my Max: A++)

ON TOP OF ALL THIS IT IS A SIG, an impeccably designed and built gun, you're paying for THE BEST. I have not had ONE Failure to Fire in a year and a half of shooting mine.
    Not ONE. 100% reliable for 18 mos of regular shooting.

OP, your question asks about "Full Size", or not. If its for CC, Id avoid full sized.

The biggest mistake people make when buying a pistol, is buying TOO BIG. Something in the Glock 19, or an M&P Compact 9mm, size, would work nicely for CC, and both are fighting pistols.

I love a good Sig and I carry full sized no problem and am only 5'8" 180# and most of the time even my wife cant tell i'm carrying.

BUY THE SIG!!!
    “But now,” he said, “take your money and a traveler’s bag. And if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one!” Luke 22:36 (NLT)

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    Oh ya. Fine guns ""To hell and back reliability ""

Handle each. Then you'll know which one to get. I have 2 Sigs (had 3, but my daughter liberated one from me), flawless performance, durable, easy to break down & clean. You can't go wrong with either.
    KNOWLEDGE: A tomato is a fruit.
    WISDOM: Not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

either will serve you reliably until you die.
    weekend pre-apocolypse nomadic warrior, leather duster and all.

Links