New Purchase...went with the Kimber Ultra Carry II

This is a discussion on New Purchase...went with the Kimber Ultra Carry II within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just wanted to thank everyone on here who gave me their advice on whether or not to trade my Glocks in and buy the Kimber, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: New Purchase...went with the Kimber Ultra Carry II

New Purchase...went with the Kimber Ultra Carry II

Just wanted to thank everyone on here who gave me their advice on whether or not to trade my Glocks in and buy the Kimber, after a couple days of thinking about it and 3 trips to the range I decided to keep both of the Glocks (23 Gen 4 and 30) and just buy the Kimber to add to the collection, So far the Kimber has 100 rounds through it with no problems! Love the way it feels in my hand and its pretty accurate for a 3" barrel. Thanks again for all of your help!!

Marc
    Attached Images
    40Bob and 357and40 like this.

2. Remove Ads

Very nice!

Is that the full size grip?
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon. Go big or stay on the porch.

VIP Member
    Congrats on the new gun.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

That is a nice gun. A smart move on your part keeping the glocks. I mean really in the long run guns generally don't lose to much of their value. Its kind of like a savings account really except more fun, at least that's what I tell myself.
    ShooterGranny and Marc1103 like this.

Be prepared for the loud moans and groans about Kimbers and their poor quality, MIM parts, yada yada...

I got a CDP Pro a few years ago, no problems with it through about 2000 rounds, if we leave the OEM magazine out of the discussion. Notably, no break-in issues; the gun has eaten everything I've fed it, from hardball to a variety of JHPs to my SWC reloads.

One data point (mine) does not establish a trend, but every gun manufacturer out there has had quality issues over time. Even Colt put out some poor-quality 1911s during a 4-year strike and before new production tooling was brought on line. Shoot the heck outta your Kimber and enjoy it!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

great choice. I have had one for over a year and love it. It has become my EDC.

gasmitty said it right. shoot the heck out of it and enjoy it.

I've had my Kimber for awhile now and have had no problems at all. I've also been able to fire whatever ammo I wanted to. I guess I'm lucky so far because I haven't even had any trouble with the stock mags but if that's all I ever have to worry about it want matter.

And as others have already said "Nice Gun"

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    Nice Kimber, All of my Kimber's treat me just fine. Enjoy.

VIP Member
    Very nice! And I agree with others who have said it was a good decision to keep the Glocks - if for no other reason than to be able to refute people who might now accuse you of being a gun snob............LOL............."Hey, I just left my Glocks at home today".......
    Marc1103 likes this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

I have 3 Kimbers, one of which is a SIS Ultra (processor to the Ultra II). It has over 1,500 flawless rounds through it and eats anything I feed it. I would recommend getting Wilson Combat magazines. They're much better made and (IMHO) more reliable than the stock Kimbers.
    gasmitty and oldskeetshooter like this.
    KNOWLEDGE: A tomato is a fruit.
    WISDOM: Not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

Enjoy! I have a Kimber and a Colt. Neither have given me any problems.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Distinguished Member
    Georgia..South of the mountains, north of the sand flies.
    I do enjoy my Kimbers. They do punch nice tight groups. Throw the factory mags in the garbage and get some good mags. Keep on shootin'.
    Marc1103 likes this.
    A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaGunny View Post
    I have 3 Kimbers, one of which is a SIS Ultra (processor to the Ultra II). It has over 1,500 flawless rounds through it and eats anything I feed it. I would recommend getting Wilson Combat magazines. They're much better made and (IMHO) more reliable than the stock Kimbers.

Amen on the Wilson mags. THEY work, Kimber mags usually DON'T.
    oldskeetshooter likes this.

Congrates on the new weapon now become familiar with it and that only happens by shooting that gun allot. I mean allot. Drill drill drill make that gun an extension of reaction and it will be effective for self defense.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Very nice pistol. Well done.

With regard to magazines: What works for you is all that matters. If yours works with the factory mags, use them. If not, find some that work and use those. There are no style points for magazines - reliability is all that matters.

Fitch
    Marc1103 likes this.
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links