Good price point for Khar CM40?

This is a discussion on Good price point for Khar CM40? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So the wife twisted my arm and had us stop at the LGS after Black Friday shopping. Found out that they just got a CM40 ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Chad0724
  • 1 Post By Brad426
  • 1 Post By Tundra5.7

Thread: Good price point for Khar CM40?

So the wife twisted my arm and had us stop at the LGS after Black Friday shopping. Found out that they just got a CM40 on consignment on sale for $325. I had been looking for a pocket/BUG in .40 to augment my Glock 22. Just a couple of questions.

Is that a far price?

And how good is the DAO trigger? (I wasn't going to spend a bunch of time dry firing someone else's gun)

My experience with DAO guns are my wife SCCY, Colt Trooper, Sig 226 DAK, and my Astra 357(feels a little like the Colt).

Would I be better off waiting on a good deal of a different gun. Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

That's a great price depending on how much it is used. I think they are about $380 around here new

Chad
    zonker1986 likes this.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. Gen James Mattis USMC

Yep, $379 at my LGS.

And the Kahr trigger is the smoothest DA trigger I have ever encountered.
    zonker1986 likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member
    The price isn't bad.....as long as the gun functions properly. I would insist on shooting it before purchasing it. You are purchasing a gun with no warranty, so it makes sense to insure it works.

Kahr's Limited Warranty is for 5 years to the original purchaser.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    The price isn't bad.....as long as the gun functions properly. I would insist on shooting it before purchasing it. You are purchasing a gun with no warranty, so it makes sense to insure it works.

Kahr's Limited Warranty is for 5 years to the original purchaser.
    X2. Try to shoot it if you can. My CM9 was not a whole lot more than that new, OTD. The extra money I paid was worth it to me in case I needed the warranty. Having said that mine has been 100% flawless thus far, is surprisingly accurate and a pleasure to carry.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Last gunshow I attended CW's and CM's were 349.00 new.

They were selling for $349-$364 last week at gun show.

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Yep, $379 at my LGS.

And the Kahr trigger is the smoothest DA trigger I have ever encountered.

x2 but I dont like the 40SW on any pocket pistols ,way to snappy

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnycrocket View Post
    x2 but I dont like the 40SW on any pocket pistols ,way to snappy
    A friend of mine had a PM40 and it was not as bad as I thought it would be. Certainly more than my CM9 but it was tolerable.
    zonker1986 likes this.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    Its a snappy little pistol and makes for short shooter sessions . Trigger pull as very smooth , no stacking like many DA type triggers have. it will feel like no other DA trigger you have tried. 325 out the door would be a better price as new a good lgs price is around 370 to 380 with a few "real deals" from time to time. I paid new 350 about 4 years ago for my cm9. The trigger is going to be very different from your glock and personaly I don't like to mix triggers and grip angles. But I do carry kahrs. Kahrs come with a trigger pull of about 6lbs and break in a bit lower but many of us change the striker spring to a wolff RP striker spring for what break in as a 5lb trigger pull. That all I can say about kahr.

I think if you can carry a g27 in a small minimal holster. Nothing new to learn and nothing to screw up with the pistol has all the same functions and the back up mag you carry now works in both. Something like a desantis pocket tuk( not just for pockets) that's adjustable for cant and height can work on the weak side as a front side tuckable cc. I 3 speed holster for down around the junk carry. I have a comp-tac minotaur I wear at a 2:00 with a cw9 or tp40

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra5.7 View Post
    A friend of mine had a PM40 and it was not as bad as I thought it would be. Certainly more than my CM9 but it was tolerable.
    Agreed. my CM40 is much less snappy then my P3AT .380 BUG. Even my 87 year old Grandfather said it was not bad at all. I think I paid 375 new for my CM40 about a year and a half ago. I have about another 20 in it with the Pearce extension & Pachmayr grip sleeve and its perfect for my needs now. It gets carried every day of the week and at home.
    Always Carry, Never Tell. Stay Safe. EDC .40 S&W, BUG .380 ACP, HD .40 S&W , 5.56 and 12GA, Range Toys .357Mag , .22LR

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    I Paid $369 +tax for my Kahr CM9 at my LGS. The CM40 was the same price.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

Links