Glock G19 Gen4

Glock G19 Gen4

This is a discussion on Glock G19 Gen4 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; With my Glock G19 Gen4, I'd like to get a little more leverage on the trigger face than the OEM trigger allows and am considering ...

Thread: Glock G19 Gen4

Glock G19 Gen4

With my Glock G19 Gen4, I'd like to get a little more leverage on the trigger face than the OEM trigger allows and am considering something like the Black Lightning Strike Trigger, which replaces the trigger and trigger bar. The promo material says it reduces the length of the trigger pull without changing the weight of pull. I understand Glockworx Custom Trigger and Trigger Bar also promise similar improvements. I have medium large hands with shorter fingers and can use the shortened trigger pull.

If anyone has comments I'd appreciate them, as well as links to reviews - I've searched for them but have managed to get a large amount of advertising. Thanks.

Edited to say: Sorry, I inadvertently posted before completed a more descriptive title.

Distinguished Member Array 1911er's Avatar
    Why not just install the smooth trigger from a full size Glock? GlockParts.com - Product Detail - Trigger w/ trigger bar G-37 & Gen 4 G-17,22,31, & 35 - $18.95 $19. Then while you have the trigger out do a polishing job on the dis-connector bar. I'm surprised that your trigger finger first pad can't get to the trigger face. Or are you trying to put your first joint on the trigger face?

Go and search YouTube for all the Glock trigger reviews.

Smooth OEM will be the same trigger reach as the grooved OEM, so it won't get me the leverage I need. I hadn't thought of looking at YouTube, and I'll do that, but I would like to hear from forum denizens, also.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwalk View Post
    Smooth OEM will be the same trigger reach as the grooved OEM, so it won't get me the leverage I need. I hadn't thought of looking at YouTube, and I'll do that, but I would like to hear from forum denizens, also.
    What exactly do you mean by leverage?
    Is the trigger distance too long or far for you, or are describing that the trigger's pull is too hard?

Quote Originally Posted by glockcoma View Post
    What exactly do you mean by leverage?
    Is the trigger distance too long or far for you, or are describing that the trigger's pull is too hard?
    I left that out...

Yes, while my hands are medium-large, my fingers are short and I'd like an option in which the trigger reach is shorter.

Have you changed the back strap to the small size?

Yes, there's no added backstrap.

The installed connector is a "-" and the measured trigger pull is 6.25 pounds.

While shooting at a range I can carefully place my hand in such a way to get nearly-knuckle, but when drilling from a holster I get less favorable finger placement. Thus, my question involves replacement triggers with shorter reach.

Proper trigger finger placement on the trigger should be the pad of the index finger, not all the way to the joint.

Glock G19 Gen4

I worry about DIY trigger jobs on Glocks. I have read a few horror stories about Glocks going full auto and dumping the entire magazine with one trigger pull. Mostly with the siderlock trigger.

Chad
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. Gen James Mattis USMC

Quote Originally Posted by cbirchem0724 View Post
    I worry about DIY trigger jobs on Glocks. I have read a few horror stories about Glocks going full auto and dumping the entire magazine with one trigger pull. Mostly with the siderlock trigger.
    Chad
    I wouldn't worry to much about that unless you go nuts with a dremel. Most trigger jobs are just polish jobs with a different connector. Typically a 3.5 lb connector from a 3rd party provider.
    "Only the Sith deal in absolutes."

"My dog is smarter than your honor student."

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Thought about a grip reduction? I'm not a big fan of doing something like that but it might work.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra5.7 View Post
    Thought about a grip reduction? I'm not a big fan of doing something like that but it might work.
    Someone on another forum mentioned that, and while it might work I'd prefer to try one of the many substitute triggers/trigger bars first.

if you can just adjust your grip and rotate your hand counter clockwise (assuming you are right handed) I think you will save yourself a lot of trouble. Remember that you don't have to wrap your strong hang around the grip, you only need to apply pressure to the front and back of the grip, your weak hand will apply pressure to both left and right sides of the grip

Sponsored Links