Xds .45 3.3

This is a discussion on Xds .45 3.3 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know these fall under the recall but I just picked one up for a great price with box and all goodies. Anyone "not" had ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Xds .45 3.3

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar

Xds .45 3.3

I know these fall under the recall but I just picked one up for a great price with box and all goodies. Anyone "not" had the problems of the double fires? I am taking to the range and see if it has issues this weekend
    gatorbait51 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

No issues here and about 700 rounds thru it. Got it back about 2 weeks ago from the recall and have put another 100 thru with no iasues.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Dan060's Avatar
    Honestly,i sent my xds45 back just because of the recall.I had no problems with mine at all,but i figured it was best to send it back.Better to be safe than sorry,i guess.Before i sent it back,i had shot around 300 rds thru it.

I got it back last week.I've ran a little over a 100 rds thru it and so far so good.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

700+ Rounds with no issue here.

-Rob

Hi Coaster,
    I never had a problem with the gun but did send it in under the recall, I have not test fired it yet since it was returned.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

My wife wasn't experiencing any issues with her XDs 9 related to the recall... she was having issues with light primer strikes on a couple of rounds though... I'm suspecting that it was lousy factory ammo... since she got it back from the factory, it's been fine.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member
    By the way, not ALL of them were recalled. Yes, the majority were. But if your Serial Number does not fall into the range they gave, then it didn't. So, the range is:

Quote Originally Posted by Springfield Armory
    This Safety Recall applies only to:
    Springfield 3.3 XD-S 9mm pistols - serial numbers between XS900000 and XS938700
    Springfield 3.3 XD-S .45ACP pistols - serial numbers between XS500000 and XS686300.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    EDC - Ruger P90, SCCY CPX2, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

does anyone have one that didnt fall into the recall?
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by palmcoaster View Post
    I know these fall under the recall but I just picked one up for a great price with box and all goodies. Anyone "not" had the problems of the double fires? I am taking to the range and see if it has issues this weekend

I think a better question would be "Has anybody HAD the double fire problem?"

I haven't sent mine in yet, I just trained it not to blow through ammo like Kennedy's through Scotch....

I haven't had a problem with either of my guns, and haven't sent them in yet. I've got a broken ankle from a motorcycle accident in Aug. and still can't drive and haven't been able to package them up and get them shipped off. Hopefully I'll be able to sometime in Jan. Since I'm not going anywhere right now, I'm really not needing them for carry purposes anyway. I figure by the time I send them in most everyone else's will done and they won't be gone long.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Glad you were not deterred by the recall. Why? Because Springfield Armory has excellent customer service and they make very practice and effective weapons. I have run thousands of round through the same gun you purchased. Not one single issue not one. What great little CCW.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    No problems with the double fire before I sent mine in. But it's there. It's the result of an odd loading process. I'd send it in.

Upon return the trigger was a tad stiffer, but nothing to me being a revolver guy.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    No problems with the double fire before I sent mine in. But it's there. It's the result of an odd loading process. I'd send it in.

Upon return the trigger was a tad stiffer, but nothing to me being a revolver guy.
    I kind of like the slightly stiffer trigger. I think it's an asset in a pocket pistol. I also trust Springfield even more now. They took care of a problem as quickly and efficiently as possible .

I haven't sent mine back in yet although since I found out about the recall it is unloaded and not carried. Mine was flawless before with about 500 rounds or so.

I have put 2000+ rounds through mine before the recall and didn't have but one FTE, now since I got it back I took it to the range and put another 100 rounds into it but one thing that I didn't like is every time after the last round the slide didn't lock back, so I'm hoping that it was the WWB ammo that I got from Wally-World. I haven't took it out since but I'm due to doing it again but until I put in back in my edc I have to get at least 400 more rounds.
    Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27, Gen4 G29
    XDm .45 ACP 4.5
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links