Gen 2 G23 or Gen 2.5 G26

This is a discussion on Gen 2 G23 or Gen 2.5 G26 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been wanting an older glock 19/23/26 and both of these models showed up at the same time. May one of these guns be ...

Thread: Gen 2 G23 or Gen 2.5 G26

Gen 2 G23 or Gen 2.5 G26

I have been wanting an older glock 19/23/26 and both of these models showed up at the same time. May one of these guns be more desirable than the other in the future ? Also I'm assuming the gen 2 .40s&w barrels ARE NOT as "dangerous" as the internet makes them out to be with the whole "KB" thing; is this correct ?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    I doubt you can go wrong with either of these choices. I don't own a Glock but I have shot them and these appear to be the models you'd do well with .

I think this might have been better fit to be in the general gun forum. I don't necessarily need either gun and I know the benefits of each model; I'm wondering if one model is more desirable from a glock enthusiast's pov, I know that gen 2.5 26 is from the first era of the baby glocks..

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    I don't think either is more desirable than the other, although both are loved by the non-finger groove fans. GLOCK did start using barrels that offered more support at the chamber, but plenty of older GLOCKs and their owners never had issues, just watch for bullet set-back that could lead to over pressure issues.

What I recommend is going with the model you like best; I would chose the G23 for it's versatility with conversion Bbls, (9mm and .357 Sig).

I think it depends on what you want to use it for. Range gun? 23. HD gun? 23. EDC? 26. That's not to say that the 26 won't fill the HD or range niches as well, I just think the 23 would better.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

I personally think the 1st and 2nd gen guns are more preferable for me.
    As for the barrel, it may have less support than the old ones, but , just get you a Kart or other after market barrel and don't sweat it.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Links