HK USP 9mm vs Glock 34

HK USP 9mm vs Glock 34

This is a discussion on HK USP 9mm vs Glock 34 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have had many Glocks in the past two years all were great guns, G19, G26, G17, G34 and G30. I had flawless reliability and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: HK USP 9mm vs Glock 34

HK USP 9mm vs Glock 34

I have had many Glocks in the past two years all were great guns, G19, G26, G17, G34 and G30. I had flawless reliability and pretty accurate.

I just took a new HK USP 9mm V1 trigger to the range today and I am very impressed with the accuracy, reliability and feel of the gun. The HK was more accurate for me than even the Glock 34, the trigger probably accounts for the difference.

I still own Glocks so I am not bashing them, I am just so surprised how the HK performs. There will be some things to get use to, like the DA/SA trigger, mag release on the trigger guard (I found it easy to manipulate with my trigger finger) and the slide release lever is different.

HK Pro's over the Glock

Great trigger out of the box
    Best accuracy I have experienced so far on par with the 1911's I have owned

It is nice to be surprised by a product in a positive way, I think I am hooked on the HK brand.
    HKzealot and saigaguy like this.

USP would be my preference.

I have a USP in both 9mm and 45. They are great guns
    SR9c
    S&W 620
    Kimber Pro Carry II

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    You picked a good one.

I have the P30 in a 40 cal, and love it, the thing feels like it was made for my hand.
    HKzealot likes this.

I have three USPs (USP45, USP45 Tactical and USPf9) along with a P30S. So yeah, you could call me an HK fan! The USP is a bit long in the tooth but still a favorite of mine. The P30 is a bit more svelte and easy to conceal but just for shooting the USP is awesome. And yeah, I do CCW a full sized USP sometimes.
    Alarm Guy likes this.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

VIP Member
    It depends on the application. For me, I use a Gen 4 G34 for shooting competitions and would never use a USP for that. There is a reason why so many titles and championships have been won with G34's.
    glockman10mm and zonker1986 like this.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Distinguished Member Array Wunderneun's Avatar
    Between H&K and Glock there is little comparison in accuracy and trigger feel.

I've had the USP9, USP45, and the USP Tactical. All finely crafted German handguns.
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

That's like comparing a Prius to a BMW M3. They're not even in the same league.

If you've "had" so many Glocks in the last two years, why did you get rid of them if they're so great? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    It depends on the application. For me, I use a Gen 4 G34 for shooting competitions and would never use a USP for that. There is a reason why so many titles and championships have been won with G34's.
    Which begs the question, how are the H&K shooters doing in competition?
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

I have been issued many Glocks and have found them to be quite reliable and fairly accurate.
    I don't think it fair to compare my HK USP .45acp V.1 to a Glock 21, though. They are two different designs/categories.

Glocks are a fine Kodak gun.... draw-aim-fire. Personally, I find them a bit too thick and blocky to conceal on myself.
    It is odd to see others do it so effortlessly. Not that I do any better concealing my USP.

One thing I must cede; when I was a LE firearms instructor, the Glocks made my job easier, both on the range with their reliability and in the classroom for easy field-stripping.
    If you can teach cops to hit the paper in the first couple days of training, the sidearm deserves some serious credit.

Lately, I've become partial to my S&W M&P Shield .40 cal for carry, it is only 0.95 inches wide, compared to the Glock 27 at 1.18 inches wide.
    Even my favorite, Colt Defender .45acp is under an inch thick, with no blocky grip.

I once went to the shop to pick up a G-36 for CC, but even the owner admitted he could not get the thing to properly 'conceal' on me.
    Not a problem, there are other makes to choose from. Seems strange, though.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

VIP Member
    If you were going to spend double the amount on your next car purchase, think how much more car you would be getting.

The Glock is a good pistol.
    Not in the same league as one that cost 2x what it does.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Well glockman10mm since you asked then I guess I have to answer. H&K shooters aren't a blip on the radar in competition.......
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

If you've "had" so many Glocks in the last two years, why did you get rid of them if they're so great? Just curious.[/QUOTE]

At this point in my hobby I find one or at the most two Glocks to be enough, limited funds cause me to sell guns before I buy others.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    HK in the practical world is nonexistent and it has nothings to do with cost. I shoot a lot of production class, where guns can run from $450 to over $2k. If you could get HKs for $500, it wouldn't help the numbers.
    TY54712

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links