Found my way home..

This is a discussion on Found my way home.. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I put myself through hell this past year buying/ selling/ trading guns to carry. Sometimes for good reason (financial concerns after a career change), most ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Found my way home..

Found my way home..

I put myself through hell this past year buying/ selling/ trading guns to carry. Sometimes for good reason (financial concerns after a career change), most of the time out of pure stupidity (boredom). Along the way I owned the major 3 Glock 9mms (17/19/26), and loved them all and regretted getting rid of each. I sold the 26 on a whim to buy an sp101, which I instantly regretted, and I spent the rest of the year chasing that same companionship.

Well I'd been beating myself up over which Glock to re-buy for a couple weeks. Finally I thought to myself; I can carry them all, but which one will I be least likely to leave at home? Sure the 19 is a better all arounder for the size, and of course the 17 (in my eyes) is THE flagship Glock. But if I make a run to the store, I would on occasion leave those at home and opt for my wife's LCP instead. That's a lot less likely, for my use, with a Glock 26 as it can slide in and out of the waistband as well as in pockets and jacket pockets where the 19 won't.

So after losing my ass in hundreds of dollars, wasting a ton of time reading and changing my mind; I'm home.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Welcome back, sir. Good to have ya!
    gatorbait51 and Exacto like this.

Gotta love when that happens!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Life Member

I've been through the same thing for a few decades. Now I have 21 of the most perfect sidearms, for me.

However, a hundred or more others have been traded or sold.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

You never should have sold the Glocks, true, but you should have also kept the SP101 and 'worked' your way back to another Glock.OMO
    blitzburgh likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sold 2 rifles in my younger days for need of money and regretted both. Now, I do not meet a gun I do not like enough to keep.
    I Shoot Birds With A Canon.

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Welcome back!
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Nice pickup.

VIP Member
    A Friend once told me Guns were for buying not selling, I took his advice.

Quote Originally Posted by romac View Post
    Finally I thought to myself; I can carry them all, but which one will I be least likely to leave at home?
    I like that thought. In my mind, it's another reason why I should try for a G26 (over a G19) to go with my G17. Hurry up tax time.

A Glock 26 is like a J-Frame everybody needs at least One.
    ShooterGranny and romac like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
    A Glock 26 is like a J-Frame everybody needs at least One.
    The Glock 26 and Glock 33 are the reasons I don't own any J-frames. I shoot the subcompact Glocks very well....can't hit
    paper with a snub revolver at five yards.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    I like that thought. In my mind, it's another reason why I should try for a G26 (over a G19) to go with my G17. Hurry up tax time.
    YES to that ^^^^^

You will have a fantastic small carry gun and a great range gun. I did love my 19 when I had it, but the longer barrel on the 17 allows you to shoot accurately a bit faster and that's a good thing. The 34 is even better for range fun, and I shoot it more than my 17 but the last time I took the 17 out I was so very amazed at what a perfect gun it is.

Of course that is "only my opinion". And truthfully, if I could find another gen 3 19 at a low price I'd grab it. Not that I have any use for it. It's just such a doggone nice gun.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Distinguished Member
    Just curious, why did you not like the Ruger?
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    YES to that ^^^^^

You will have a fantastic small carry gun and a great range gun. I did love my 19 when I had it, but the longer barrel on the 17 allows you to shoot accurately a bit faster and that's a good thing. The 34 is even better for range fun, and I shoot it more than my 17 but the last time I took the 17 out I was so very amazed at what a perfect gun it is.

Of course that is "only my opinion". And truthfully, if I could find another gen 3 19 at a low price I'd grab it. Not that I have any use for it. It's just such a doggone nice gun.
    Right now, my G17 is my only centerfire pistol, which of course is my carry gun. With a 'regular' sized t-shirt (not over-sized), I can conceal the G17 (at 3-3:30) very well...longer grip and all. So as they say, a G26 will 'disappear' on me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links