Possible to build AR pistol for under $700 ??????? >>>>>>>

Possible to build AR pistol for under $700 ??????? >>>>>>>

This is a discussion on Possible to build AR pistol for under $700 ??????? >>>>>>> within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am thinking of building an AR pistol. However I see that Diamondback has their DB15 for about $750 which seems to have gotten some ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rocky

Thread: Possible to build AR pistol for under $700 ??????? >>>>>>>

Distinguished Member Array VBVAGUY's Avatar

Thumbs up Possible to build AR pistol for under $700 ??????? >>>>>>>

I am thinking of building an AR pistol. However I see that Diamondback has their DB15 for about $750 which seems to have gotten some good reviews. Is it possible to build one for less than $700 ??? If so where and what parts ?? Thanks for any info. God Bless

Distinguished Member Array CIBMike's Avatar
    Maybe,if you are not picky about the name brand and you can get the lower on sale.The problem is you rarely see barrels ,bolt assembly's and uppers on sale with a big reduction in price like you can with the lower's.Good luck.
    The easy way is always mined.

Lead Moderator
    Palmetto State Armory runs deals all the time. with watching deals on AR15.com or other gun forums and you should be able to build under $700.
    Badey likes this.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Try these guys. I had really good luck with them lately!

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Thanks Ernie !!! I will also check out PSA. I saw some stripped lowers at a LGS today for $140 which I think is kind of high. They did not have any pistol barrels. God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    Try these guys. I had really good luck with them lately!

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Quote Originally Posted by VBVAGUY View Post
    Thanks Ernie !!! I will also check out PSA. I saw some stripped lowers at a LGS today for $140 which I think is kind of high. They did not have any pistol barrels. God Bless

You can get stripped polymore lowers for like 50 -100 bucks now . Just make sure that it does not say rifle or the such or has ever been used as a rifle host ..

The hard part as said is finding a cheep good upper esp sbr/pistol. You should also what to think what size barrel you what if you had not used a ar pistol by my understanding 5.56 can be a bit picky about barrel length . Some people like 8 or so others 10 or 11inch ..

Guess you should also think what caliber you would want too. I think a 50 Beowulf or 300aac could be fun . That all said PSA or job bob are good people and often have good deals .

I been meaning to add a Ar pistol again . Like to know what you find . If all else fails get a ak pistol they are like 500-600 bucks or less now

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VBVAGUY View Post
    I am thinking of building an AR pistol. However I see that Diamondback has their DB15 for about $750 which seems to have gotten some good reviews. Is it possible to build one for less than $700 ??? If so where and what parts ?? Thanks for any info. God Bless
    start with a stripped AR 80% lower, mill it yourself to 100%, DIY duracoat it, get a cheap DPMS LPK, get the buffer tube and spring assy, then buy a cheap PSA complete upper in your preference of chambering, and have the barrel cut down to your desired length. That'd probably be the cheapest method.
    Optics of course are going to add to the price.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    Palmetto State Armory runs deals all the time. with watching deals on AR15.com or other gun forums and you should be able to build under $700.
    ^^^^^this. I am building a PSA AR right now. I think it is can be done for about $600ish. That is, of course, if you get a blemished lower and upper, and a cheap LPK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Bush sells one for $675. Bushmaster AZ-C15P21S 223 PSTL 30RD $671.00 SHIPS FREE But they seem out of stock most e/where.

Also, is the option of a PLR-16 for a bit less, they are a hoot at the range & a good 'trunk gun' for bad days.
    They use AR stuff optics, Pmags, etc., have a top Picatinny rail & work well with a rail mounted Magpul sling attachment.

This is a pic of mine with a 40 rd Pmag in it: PLR16 5.56 40 rd w heatshield Sling & Mags Semi Pistol.jpg
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

Thanks everyone for the info and suggestions. I currently do not have the equipment / tools or know of anyone that does for me to complete a 80%. I am in no rush, so I guess I will just take my time and whenever I see a good price on a part, will just purchase it when I can. I would think that within a few months hopefully by late spring / early summer I would have everything to build, unless I come across an inexpensive built on. God Bless

Sponsored Links