Sons Getting First Guns That Are Not Dad's

This is a discussion on Sons Getting First Guns That Are Not Dad's within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went to Houston to do some Christmas shopping on Friday. I had finally worked my way down to my two sons, one 21 and ...

Thread: Sons Getting First Guns That Are Not Dad's

Sons Getting First Guns That Are Not Dad's

I went to Houston to do some Christmas shopping on Friday. I had finally worked my way down to my two sons, one 21 and the other 23, both in college. I had asked them earlier on what they wanted for Christmas this year as I was expecting a generous bonus. The younger wanted his first 1911and the older wanted a DA/SA 9mm. I found them both guns that I had never owned. The youngest is getting a Taurus PT-1911. Wow what a gun. Smooth as silk 4.75# trigger, Heine straight 8 sights, great slide to frame fit and two 8 round mags with bumper pads. My only gripe is the plastic grips. I plan on changing that before Christmas day. Loaded to the hilt and for $525.00 out the door. The older son is getting a CZ 75 D Compact. Very nice DS & SA trigger, Two "Police Use Only" 13 round mags. three dot sights and nice polymer finish of some sort. They are both planning to take their CHL next year which should be timed with my renewal. That would be a great birthday gift for me, to be there with the sons during their CHL. No pics yet they are already wrapped.

They have both been shooting Dad's handguns since they were about 10. They will now have their own guns and a proud Papa.:D

tex
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

2. Remove Ads

Great gifts

VIP Member
    Hey, Tex, do you want to adopt an almost 59 year old? I want one of those Taurus 1911s. I bought a Springfield back several months ago and although I like it I keep kicking myself for not spending the extra $40 and getting the Taurus. I keep reminding myself that I had decided to wait on the stainless, but it doesn't help much.

Great gifts for the sons. The CHLs as your birthday present will be nice too.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Assistant Administrator
    Great gifts for sure and hopefully proud new gun owners - equally proud of a great Dad too

CHL's to add to all that - indeed a nice bonus later.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Get 'Em Going, Dad...

great gift...the gift of 'self defense...

OMO

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

would you considering adopting? I need a giving parent. On a seriuos note, great gifts.

Links