Sig P938 9mm, reliable?

This is a discussion on Sig P938 9mm, reliable? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been looking at this little pistol, and it looks interesting. I just want to know if it is reliable and how does it ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Sig P938 9mm, reliable?

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar

Sig P938 9mm, reliable?

I have been looking at this little pistol, and it looks interesting. I just want to know if it is reliable and how does it shoot. Is the recoil manageable? I would appreciate any comments.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Yes. My wife loves hers and it is easy to rack the slide.
    gatorbait51 and Jab73180 like this.

I've got a few hundred rounds through mine. No FTF's. Scratchy trigger but better IMO than a long DA trigger. Neat little pistol and the safety is second nature. The LCP went by-by when I got the P938.
    saigaguy and gatorbait51 like this.

bought my wife a p938 for her carry pistol. she loves it. it has several hundred rounds through it. we did purchase a better mag. the stock one is cheap and FTF a couple times. i have a hard time shooting it. i carry a 3" 1911, it fits my hands better.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyDTrigger View Post
    I have been looking at this little pistol, and it looks interesting. I just want to know if it is reliable and how does it shoot. Is the recoil manageable? I would appreciate any comments.
    glockcoma and gatorbait51 like this.

I have 3000 rounds through mine, wife has 1000 rounds through hers. I would say very reliable. I carry mine when not carrying my SA .45.
    saigaguy and gatorbait51 like this.

I love mine. I keeep it clean and lubed and it has been 100% reliable. The recoil is pretty tame in my opinon. I do not mind a two finger grip, but Ii bought a seven round mag for the extra round and I admit the little extra length is more comfortable. The slightly longger mag with finnger rest does not have any impact on concealabilty but I still like the option of using the shorter mag. I have found this pistol to be very accurate and easy to shoot. I love the night sights, but they are set for real sd ammo so cheapo target loads shoot a little lower. The Sig is super easy to carry. I no longer use my .380. I think it looks great also. This is now my main EDC and I highly recommend it.

You will need to style it out with some grips from this guy though
    Highfiguregrips.com
    The box elder burl in particular.

Mason
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Yes the gun is control even with stock grips . Feels great and all the metal helps sock up the recoile a lot . The sig 238 and 938 are some of my fav carry guns periord .

But what you do need to know is this the first 938 were basicly 238s that were made to fire 9mm they did not work the new 938 are a deticated gun and run perfectly this link covers all that and what to buy Sig Sauer P938 Review | Center Mass Group

I would buy a new one with no hestion . I was hestied firing it stock after my khar but the 938 felt great and soft shooting ( not +P though have not tried that yet..)
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I have about 1000 rounds thru mine with cheap range ammo and with defensive ammo with no failures. The only complain that I have is the trigger that is rough on the finger. I have read various posts on this and people recommend stoning the outside face of the trigger. I may do that. Good luck.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I like my wifes, she has the one with the Hogue style grips and it is really comfortable to shoot, it does shoot low but I believe Sig has different size sights so I might try that to correct the problem, and as MMinSC said the extended mag makes it even more comfortable, I have carried it myself on a few occasions but still prefer my Shield.

I guess if I didn't think it was reliable I wouldn't let my wife carry it. No hiccups so far.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    very nice gun, come to think of it i dont think ive ever held a sig that i didnt like. they have great reliability.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

No problems with mine and it's very comfortable to carry IWB or OWB. I find that even with OWB, it's easily concealable with little to no printing. The state police drool over it every time I bring it into a gun show.

I've had 100% reliability so far with it at the range. Only thing I noticed in comparison to my other semis is that it he grip pattern on the backside irritates the webbing of my hand when I shoot a box of ammo through it.

Accurate enough for me - sights are awesome.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

It's a great carry gun. I filed my trigger surface using a Dremel and a sanding wheel because the striations on the trigger are a bit rough. The only other thing I will note is the recoil spring is a bear to get back in place because it is very stiff.

I love the gun and carry it daily.........650 flawless rounds so far!

Quote Originally Posted by MNewkirk View Post
    No problems with mine and it's very comfortable to carry IWB or OWB. I find that even with OWB, it's easily concealable with little to no printing. The state police drool over it every time I bring it into a gun show.

I've had 100% reliability so far with it at the range. Only thing I noticed in comparison to my other semis is that it he grip pattern on the backside irritates the webbing of my hand when I shoot a box of ammo through it.

Accurate enough for me - sights are awesome.

If you want try Houge grips they cover the whole grip with rubber helps a lot
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Great guns. Really a big fan of them. Currently have the nightmare. Recently had both the nightmare and the equinox, until I got an offer that I couldn't refuse on the equinox! Really like them though. 2nd on WrongRecroom, the hogues make it nice to shoot.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    I believe in God, America, & the .38 special

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit22 View Post
    Great guns. Really a big fan of them. Currently have the nightmare. Recently had both the nightmare and the equinox, until I got an offer that I couldn't refuse on the equinox! Really like them though. 2nd on WrongRecroom, the hogues make it nice to shoot.
    It is strang for me as I handled the gun and though boy I wanted to put houge on this and order a pair but when I went to shoot it ( before the Houge got here ) I found it just fine to shoot . I may try to sell the houge or just keep them and see if it feels different . But this and one other gun I am thinking about sanding the trigger as it is a wee bit rough
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links