S&W M&P Shield Pricing

This is a discussion on S&W M&P Shield Pricing within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, I am a Ruger guy and I like the LC9. I have touched it, petted it and shot it's cousin the LCP but I ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: S&W M&P Shield Pricing

S&W M&P Shield Pricing

Ok, I am a Ruger guy and I like the LC9. I have touched it, petted it and shot it's cousin the LCP but I think I am going to diversify and buy the Shield. I saw a recent post on FB from Slickguns.com that they were selling the Shield for $335, no shipping charge.

Is this a reasonable price?

What have you guys purchased it for?

TIA
    gatorbait51 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogi223 View Post
    Ok, I am a Ruger guy and I like the LC9. I have touched it, petted it and shot it's cousin the LCP but I think I am going to diversify and buy the Shield. I saw a recent post on FB from Slickguns.com that they were selling the Shield for $335, no shipping charge.

Is this a reasonable price?

What have you guys purchased it for?

TIA
    That's a great price. Add FFL fees you are looking at 370-ish.

I bought one for 465 when they were very hard to get (I wanted one and got tired of waiting), and then another at 379 (many months later after the novelty and gun panic wore off). The 379 price has now moved to 399, by the way.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

VIP Member
    Great price!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

That is a STEAL. When they first came out they were $500+ if you could find one. My LGS has it for $419 + tax. The lowest I have found online is $359 + free shipping. If you are looking for one I would snap it up.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Not too far under $400 is what I usually see them for. Better jump before they're gone now that you've just told the whole wide web where to get it at that price.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

389 for mine back in November...
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Joe was right.

Was it for LEO only and is now out of stock? Just checked Slickguns.

In my area they run NIB right at $450. When they first came out people were paying $650 plus in my area. Used they can be found $375-$400. If you can get one for that price I would buy two
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

I'll say this... if I happen across a Shield for $335 while at the gun show this weekend, it's coming home with me. The cheapest I've seen around here was $439.99+tax.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by hfjeff View Post
    Was it for LEO only and is now out of stock? Just checked Slickguns.
    It was out of stock so now that you ask, it sounds like it might have been LEO only. Especially with the feed back that I have gotten. Too good to be true I guess. I am very good friends with some of the local LEO's. Can they buy at these prices and sell...legally .....and ethically. I don't want to even approach either line and I dang sure don't want to cross them...

I would jump on it without question. Great price, great pistol.
    "A free man is he who does not fear to go to the end of his thought."

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    A LGS was having an "end of the year blowout" last week. They had NIB Shield's at an LEO price of $319 + tax. I think the civilian price was $389 + tax.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

kygunco.com was running a special on them for about $350 but I think they're currently out of stock. Their regular price is $379

It was out of stock so now that you ask, it sounds like it might have been LEO only. Especially with the feed back that I have gotten. Too good to be true I guess. I am very good friends with some of the local LEO's. Can they buy at these prices and sell...legally .....and ethically. I don't want to even approach either line and I dang sure don't want to cross them...
    I think this would still be illegal even if you are legally allowed to own a gun and are in the same state. You have to answer a question on the form that says you are buying the gun for yourself. If you are already planning on selling it, you can't answer that question honestly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

VIP Member
    That's likely a straw purchase. See 11.a. instructions of the 4473 (Some FFL holders that know what the heck they are talking about will chime in if I'm wrong...but it's not a transaction I would want to do).

Question 11.a. Actual Transferee/Buyer: For purposes of this form, you are the actual transferee/buyer if you are purchasing the firearm for yourself or otherwise acquiring the firearm for yourself (e.g., redeeming the firearm from pawn/retrieving it from consignment, firearm raffle winner). You are also the actual transferee/buyer if you are legitimately purchasing the firearm as a gift for a third party. ACTUAL TRANSFEREE/BUYER EXAMPLES: Mr. Smith asks Mr. Jones to purchase a firearm for Mr. Smith. Mr. Smith gives Mr. Jones the money for the firearm. Mr. Jones is NOT THE ACTUAL TRANS- FEREE/BUYER of the firearm and must answer “NO” to question 11.a. The licensee may not transfer the firearm to Mr. Jones. However, if Mr. Brown goes to buy a firearm with his own money to give to Mr. Black as a present, Mr. Brown is the actual transferee/buyer of the firearm and should answer “YES” to question 11.a. However, you may not transfer a firearm to any person you know or have reasonable cause to believe is prohibited under 18 U.S.C. § 922(g), (n), or (x). Please note: EXCEPTION: If you are picking up a repaired firearm(s) for another person, you are not required to answer 11.a. and may proceed to question 11.b.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links