Glock 42 vs. LCP

Glock 42 vs. LCP

This is a discussion on Glock 42 vs. LCP within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know I have to do a whole review of the Glock 42, but I wanted to do a quick comparison between the Glock 42 ...

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: Glock 42 vs. LCP

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Glock 42 vs. LCP

I know I have to do a whole review of the Glock 42, but I wanted to do a quick comparison between the Glock 42 and the LCP. Here are a few pictures comparing the size.

The Glock weighs approximately 12.5 oz while the LCP weighs approximately 8.5 oz with no magazine.

IMG_2836.JPG
    IMG_2838.JPG
    IMG_2840.JPG
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

VIP Member
    Not sure I see the benefit of the Glock over the LCP. The Glock is bigger and heavier, but both are 6+1 capacity. Other than being able to say you have one, whats the advantage?
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Nice shots. I don't know if the 42 is going to cut it as a pocket gun, but I'll bet it shoots a whole lot better than an LCP/TCP/P3AT etc.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

I believe price & recoil will be the deciding factor. Love Glocks, but the G42 is bulky for pocket carry. But that's only my humble opinion.
    "A free man is he who does not fear to go to the end of his thought."

Sponsor
    Nice to see the 42 Vs the LCP, Makes me wish the 42 had a 7 round capacity.

-Clay

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    I cannot fathom why they couldn't squeeze a couple more rounds in the G42 magazine.

What were they thinking?
    SHTFGearLLC, StormRhydr and baren like this.

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanJim View Post
    I cannot fathom why they couldn't squeeze a couple more rounds in the G42 magazine.

What were they thinking?
    They were thinking $$$. They were thinking of all the Glock fans here in the good ole US of A who dream about Glock in their sleep. I see this think selling like hot cakes, for the simple fact is that is says Glock on it. The only two things I can see hurting sales of the G42 is price, if they are priced around the same as their 9mm, 40 etc it may hurt sales. The second is if there is some major flaw that questions Glock reliability, even then if they do like the did with the Gen 4s I think they will be ok. I'm sure they have a 9mm single stack all ready made just waiting to bleed people of $$$ with all the sales of the G42. Once sales of the G42 level out, they will drop the single stack 9mm on us, and people are going to be like poop now I need the 9mm now. There are plenty of people out there who are carrying a micro .380 who are not concerned with the additional firepower a 9mm would give and will buy it because it says Glock on it.

I'm kind of lost here....what was Glock thinking?

I'm sure recoil is way better than the pocket 380's, and the trigger better. But for the reason of carrying a pocket 380, deep concealment, BUG I see no advantages to that.

Really need to compare the 42 to the Ruger LC380, or something else of similar size.

Don't get me wrong, it's a Glock and it's cool but I see no awesome advantage to it?

Glock vs LCP? Glock has a last round slide lock, better sights, softer recoil (think LC380) and a better trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DetChris View Post
    Glock vs LCP? Glock has a last round slide lock, better sights, softer recoil (think LC380) and a better trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If I had a choice of the two to take to the range I'd bring the Glock (if I could find ammo for it), but for BUG use it would be the LCP....
    DanielC, Broadus and Buckman60 like this.

I'd bet the Glock 42 is easier to shoot with less recoil. But in terms of ease of concealment, the LCP wins hands down. I too don't get what Glock did here. The 42 is in a totally different class than the micro 380s and probably isn't very pocketable at all. This Glock 42 is for the fanboys, there are so many better options in that size with bigger caliber options.

I'll stick to my LCP for a 380.
    DanielC and Ghost1958 like this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

The LCP is better at being small. The 42 is a better weapon.

I choose neither.
    StormRhydr and BadgerJ like this.
    Currently own: Beretta PX4 9mm, Glock 23 (Gen 4), Glock 19 (Gen 4) x2

I carried a LCP off and on for a few years. It is so easy to conceal and so light, I just can't think why the Glock 42 in .380 caliber would be a better weapon to carry. I carry a Glock everyday but, it is in a 45acp caliber. If that Glock 42 was a single stack 9mm, then I would give it a try. The Ruger LCP is hard to beat for a .380 caliber weapon, if you chose to carry a.380.

Mrt
    Try walking away first if they persist Warn them next then defined yourself

Mrt
    Idd rather have 14 rounds then 6
    StormRhydr likes this.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Links