45GAP Question

45GAP Question

This is a discussion on 45GAP Question within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; How many of our members have fired a pistol in 45GAP? If so, what is your opinion of this round? Regards, Richard...

View Poll Results: Have You Shot A 45GAP?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 18.39%
  • No

71 81.61%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 45GAP Question

45GAP Question

How many of our members have fired a pistol in 45GAP? If so, what is your opinion of this round? Regards, Richard

I will start the poll. Yes, I have a fired pistol in 45GAP and I respect the round. Regards, Richard

yep ive shot it and it is the answer to the question no one asked or should i say ego round

its all ready dieing out as the gun dealers locl here are clearing them out at super low prices same with ammo so they can get rid of the dust collectors

the round wont eve hang on as the 10mm and 41 mag did

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    Voted no....don't see the need for the cartridge, and I already own 7 pistols in the 45 ACP. no need to change. I feel like it is a dead cartridge and spending money on a firearm in this caliber will prove to be expensive and just a plain headache in the future.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Never shot one. But did consider buying one. There is a 37 at my local dealers been on sale for quite some time. OD Green frame. It sits there even still. That, of course, made me wonder. I thought long and hard on it because it was a good deal. But eventualy was "gun shy" of it. I can see that in perhaps law enforcement there might be a particular small window of application. But in every day use for home defense and self defense I am not sure that the minor differences fill any need that is not already taken care of without having to gamble on a new cartridge. I am certain it shoots fine and is a nice gun and cartridge. If someone gave me on I would not turn it down.

Personally I think that the .45 GAP will never be popular, and will not last long.

Jerry

I found the GAP to have noticeably more recoil and muzzle blast than the .45 acp. I compared the 21 and 37, both full-size, side by side when shooting. The 21 is a pussycat next to the 37. The .45 acp has superior ballistics too.
    It Is Easy To Be Brave From A Distance ~ Aesop

to me the 45gap it is in the same boat as the 10mm and 357sig. now the 41mag was the gun to have in the 60's and 70's when you was on the job in the patrol car. later, the s&w model 19 took over the roll (got my m19 in 1973 from ace hardware). still got it.

VIP Member
    The GAP is not only the answer to a question that nobody asked, it should also be noted that the question was a darned stupid one. There are more than enough rounds out there at this point, I can't see coming up with a new one unless it has some serious upside.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Nope...

and don't want to...no need...I'll stick with .45ACP or 9mm...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Never shot a .45 GAP. I don't really see much of a need for the round.

Shot it. It went bang. The grip is a bit smaller. For a fleet type gun( For everyone in the organization) it has some merit. Smaller grip is the main reason that most small hand shooters cant handle an acp. The gap is the answer to poeple in a group who dont have the larger hand grip.Partly because of the gap shorter lenght the ramp angle is improved with the shorter total grip circumfrence. I think its a great option for buyers of fleet guns that wanted a bigger bullet than the 9mm and just couldnt get the little grip poeple to handle a double stack acp.Will it sell? Probably not to the civilian market. It will never be a NATO round. But iff you lost your duty pistol in a street brawl it wouldnt be a common round in drive bys, cant get the ammo. I think its an ok fleet buyer gun and ammo would be cheap to departments and agencies that buy factory direct by the pallet and dont pay Federal Excise Tax. Maket share will determine if it lasts. Im glad capital venture is still spent on gun stuff even if its not how I would develope the new smart bullet. Dont get me started on isometric shapes and cross section densities.Good Post
    I am an American. I vote. I will serve on a jury when called. Its a MEMBERS ONLY thing.

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    Shot it, loved it. If it had come out prior to or at the same time as the .40SW, the .40SW would be one of those mythical cartidges that died an early death.
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Never shot one , and honestly can't see the utility of it for me . ACP does it cheaper , and most likely better if you demand a big ol punkin roller .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

I have a G21, G30, G37 and G39. I like them all. They all send the same size bullet down range (with generally the same ballistics). Although I don't notice much difference between them, I prefer the smaller size of the .45 GAP models.
    BAD things happen to GOOD people.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links