Trade You Would Make ( Gen. 4 G19 for a PPQ/M1) ?

This is a discussion on Trade You Would Make ( Gen. 4 G19 for a PPQ/M1) ? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Answered an ad on Armslist for a PPQ/M1 with case, usual stuff and four mags: two 15 rd. & two 17 rd. I have a ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By SayVandelay
  • 2 Post By AK_Brian
  • 1 Post By RBid
  • 1 Post By Longstreet
  • 1 Post By multistage
  • 1 Post By kahrcarrier

Thread: Trade You Would Make ( Gen. 4 G19 for a PPQ/M1) ?

Answered an ad on Armslist for a PPQ/M1 with case, usual stuff and four mags: two 15 rd. & two 17 rd. I have a used Gen.4 G19 which a previous owner "painted" and was showing signs of wear, so I've had it professionally duracoated FDE and had NS added. With all the great vids re. the PPQ I consider this a no brainer, since I am not a shouting Glock fan, but I do like the G19. What do you think? The G19 came with two 15 rd. mags and one beavertail backstrap. Thanks.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

VIP Member
    I'd make a date at the gun range and shoot the PPQ. If it meets your expectations go for it. If it has issues then pass.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I've shot both, and I'd take the ppq over the glock 19 all day. But mine is the original with the lever mag release and that's part of why I love it so much. But still the trigger pull, the reset, the quick sights... Just don't know a better out of the box 9mm. One thing to keep in mind is that ppq has a high bore axis which makes it a little snappier than the glock, but it's entirely manageable. I can't say enough good things about the ppq
    Philly Boy likes this.

Which PPQ? The gen 2 has a normal mag release and other lever
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

The M1 has the trigger mag release which I had on my P22 and liked it a lot, so that's no problem.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Get the PPQ - you'll love it. Try one out first if you have to - hell, go fondle one and you'll probably be sold.
    Philly Boy and multistage like this.

I traded out of my PPQ M1 into my first G19 Gen 4, for two specific reasons:
    1. Market support (mags, holsters, sights)
    2. Size. The PPQ was just baaaaarely too chunky for me to CC easily, while the 19 is just on the other side of that tipping point.

If neither of those are issues for you, I would jump on it. I own 2 Glock 19 Gen 4s, and I carry one every day, but the PPQ is my favorite firearm on the market today. Mine had 5,500+ rounds through it with zero stoppages. It was a joy to shoot.
    Philly Boy likes this.
    Currently own: Beretta PX4 9mm, Glock 23 (Gen 4), Glock 19 (Gen 4) x2

There's no way I'd trade for your refinished gun. There are so very few who can do such adequately. If the guy with the PPQ is willing to take your refinished G19 for his gun, do it NOW before he comes to his senses.
    Philly Boy likes this.

I would trade a Glock for almost anything,,,,, PPQ, Taurus, piece of stale toast, genital warts, a bag of toad farts, etc.

The PPQ rocks. Plain and simple.

Mine is an M2. The only real life advantage that the 19 has over the Walther is support. Holsters and mags everywhere for the Glock. The PPQ, not so much. Mine came with the usual two mags, and then I got another two from Cross Country Guns (34 bucks each), and another two from Midway (40 each). I've been waiting since November for my Sparks SSII, but I could have a Comp Tac of whatever style in two weeks. So while not as convenient as the Glock, the Walther accessories are findable.

But the ergos and certainly the trigger blow the Glock outta the saddle. That, to me, more than makes up for the accessories offset.

Get a PPQ. Then buy another 19.
    Philly Boy likes this.

Lots of nice guns on the market right now, but I don't think I could part with my gen4 G19. In my hand, it is just the perfect gun. I know, highly subjective, but i would sooner buy another gun and keep my G19.

Thanks for all the comments boys a girls( with apologies to Tony Kornheiser) but, when push came to shove, I couldn't bring myself to trade the G19 after I had just added night sights and had the frame done in FDE. Maybe there's a Walther in my future, but I KNOW there is a Gen. 4 G19 in it! Thanks again.

YES

PPQ is everything a Glock 19 wants and should be.................

Senior Member Array kahrcarrier's Avatar
    I have both, the PPQ in the 1st edition and a G19 3rd gen.

Both are great guns. The Glock is a bit more compact, G19 mags are cheap and plentiful, the Walther has a better trigger.

I doubt I would trade. Either way you are a winner.
    Philly Boy likes this.

Links