Ah just a shield, nothing to see here... move on.

This is a discussion on Ah just a shield, nothing to see here... move on. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After almost EXACTLY a year of being gun-less. I finally made a purchase. 75074_10100312398274791_1981674553_n.jpg Decided to go with the .40 considering I can just about ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Ah just a shield, nothing to see here... move on.

Ah just a shield, nothing to see here... move on.

After almost EXACTLY a year of being gun-less. I finally made a purchase.

75074_10100312398274791_1981674553_n.jpg

Decided to go with the .40 considering I can just about always find ammunition for it locally, no matter what the political climate.

Got that, some 155 Gr. Speer Gold Dot's, and a little Galco Tuck-N-Go holster.

Plans are to carry this in winter, and go with a .357 J-Frame for summer carry (Cargo shorts is my primary warm-weather garb, and there is no better to pocket carry than an M&P 340)

My consensus says that 7 rounds of .40 S&W is much better than a fist.
    Eric357, 4myfam, Erich1B and 4 others like this.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Indeed....

Congrats and enjoy!
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Eric357's Avatar
    Congrats on it.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Nice I may just end up with a 40 something for the same reason a lot of ammo out there ...

You try a remora yet for it ..? When I have a shield I though the remore hid it well.. But galco is nice have one for most of my pokcet gun
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

It's a comfortable summer carry too.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Never argue with an idiot in public. People passing by won't know which one of you is the idiot.

I got mine for $399 + Tax (local). Just saw that Palmetto is having a sale for $359 if anyone is interested. That figures!
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Very nice. Enjoy.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Congrats, been looking at these. $399 is definitely a fair price.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Nice gun, had one in .40 but went back to the PPS in 9mm. I liked it, i'm just a Walther fan. You certainly won't be disappointed, the Shield is a fine handgun. very comfortable to hold and shoot, even in .40.
    gatorbait51 and Foo909 like this.

I just took my 9mm shield off for the evening....congrats
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Joe was right.

20130607_121837c.jpgDSCN4719c.jpg Both firearms are great. I have a Ruger SR40C (It's my only firearm) I carry this in a 3Speed Holster at 1:30 (AIWB). At the moment i have on with my jeans. But hot weather here in Gulf Coast Texas comes early and stays late in the year. So these pictures are how i mostly dress during those times. I didn't want what i wa wearing dictate what I could or couldn't carry concealed.
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

if you shoot a 9, you'll notice the difference. The 40 has a lot more kick than the 9.

I haven't tried a remora...I just don't think I would 'feel' secure with a clipless holster unless it was for pocket carry only, the shield is too big and too hard to draw from pockets IMO. It fits, but that's it.

I actually had a PPS in 9mm which I loved. Really regret getting rid of that pistol most of all, and I was very close to getting another PPS in .40. I just got to worrying too much about the back-strap disconnect problems. I actually like the PPS's lack of a manual safety but honestly I have a three year old in the house and the manual safety makes me worry even just a little bit less after actually getting it and playing around with the safety.

I don't think I'll be able tell much difference between a 147 Gr. 9mm +P and a 155 Gr. .40 S&W. It's something like 12% larger in diameter, 6% heavier, and the velocity difference isn't TOO much out of a 3" barrel. Managable.

I had the pleasure of shooting a friend's .40 cal Shield. Very nice! I sometimes carry an LC9 in a Remora. Nice holster for the money.

Senior Member Array Bigsteve113's Avatar
    Congrats!
    “Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”

― Heraclitus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links