glock 30 or taurus pt145

glock 30 or taurus pt145

This is a discussion on glock 30 or taurus pt145 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello I'm in the market to get a new hand gun. I'm looking between the glock 30sf gen 4 . Or the Taurus pt145 mellinum ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: glock 30 or taurus pt145

Red face glock 30 or taurus pt145

Hello I'm in the market to get a new hand gun. I'm looking between the glock 30sf gen 4 . Or the Taurus pt145 mellinum pro gen 3. I have been doing a lot of reading on these guns and I would like to know you guys input, and weather or not there is someone by me that has one of these that I can test fire... I live in richlands nc. Thanks guys....
    ArmyCop likes this.

Well me personally I've heard far to many Taurus nightmare stories to ever trust my life on one. I really don't think you can go wrong with a Glock. I'm sure this wasn't very helpful but that's what I think.

I have 2 Millennium Pro PT145. They are probably my favorite sidearms; have been for the past 8-9 years.

Most who have never had a .45acp Millennium Pros, will swear the Glock is a better sidearm, they may be right, but I'd never trade.
    ArmyCop likes this.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

This is just a joke, right?

I'm no Tarus hater (nor Glock fan boy) but the Glock is way better. Way.
    fredg53 likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Distinguished Member
    I've learned the hard way to stay away from Taurus - I should have known better then, I DO know better now.

With that being said your still going to get what you want, I would try my best to shoot, or at the very least handle both before you buy.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

MJK
    Not a contest...go with the G30.
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

VIP Member
    No experience with either gun. I had a Gen 1 PT140 years ago. It was 100% reliable for me. In fact of the Taurus guns I have owned only one ever gave me problems. Taurus Customer Service leaves a lot to be desired. For out of the box reliability I'd probably opt for the Glock (as long as it fits you).

Just to make it clear, I don't and never have owned a Glock.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jay87 View Post
    Hello I'm in the market to get a new hand gun. I'm looking between the glock 30sf gen 4 . Or the Taurus pt145 mellinum pro gen 3. I have been doing a lot of reading on these guns and I would like to know you guys input, and weather or not there is someone by me that has one of these that I can test fire... I live in richlands nc. Thanks guys....
    First off, the G30SF is a Generation 3 Glock. However, the Gen 4 Glock G30 will have the same trigger reach as the Gen 3 30SF, as long as you do not install the additional backstraps Glock provides with the Gen 4's. I personally like Gen 4 Glocks and currently have a Gen 4 G17 and a Gen 4 G27. I recently sold a Gen 4 G30 because I liked the G30s(not sf) better...and incidentally the G30s uses the SF frame. So....have I confused you enough? If you go down to your local Glock store and compare them side by side, you can see the difference between the models of Glock 30.

I have never owned a Taurus PT145 Millenium Pro but I have put several rounds through one and it is not a bad pistol. Trigger was not very good and I was more accurate with the various Glocks. I don't remember any malfunctions so if there were any it must have been nothing major.

I much prefer the Glock 30.
    WrongRecroom and bigpapa like this.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

I'm a definite Glock lover, and had a Taurus PT145 a long time ago (quickly got rid of it). I don't see much of a value of the Taurus in terms of quality and dependability.OMOYMV
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

There's a reason you can buy a Taurus dirt cheap.......

los
    I have no experience with the Taurus, so subjectively speaking I'd highly recommend the G30. In all fairness I'd call your LGS / shooting ranges and see if they offer both pistols for rent.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

VIP Member
    One has a reputation for reliability, the other doesn't. It should be an easy choice.

I would never, ever trust my life with a Taurus. Ever.
    ghost tracker likes this.
    Southpaw Activist

Not even a hesitation on this. Glock 30. I've had the PT140. If the PT 145 is anything like it, Not even close.
    Owner/Instructor of Make Ready Defensive Training
    Kentucky Dept of Criminal Justice Training Certified Firearms Instructor in Carrying Concealed Deadly Weapons
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Recruiter
    www.MakeReadyDefense.com

I'd probably go with the Glock. However, if the Taurus suits you better, remember that most of the people who "will never trust Taurus again" bought Taurus weapons years ago, and the company has reportedly improved its quality substantially in the last five years. Not saying buy a Taurus, just saying take the hate with a grain of salt.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links