10mm Anyone pack one? - Page 2

10mm Anyone pack one?

This is a discussion on 10mm Anyone pack one? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I saw something today that got my attention. It was one of these: http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976559146.htm Smith and Wesson 1006. The seller wants $480 and could probably ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I saw something today that got my attention.

It was one of these:

http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976559146.htm

Smith and Wesson 1006. The seller wants $480 and could probably be talked down 20 or 30 dollars.

If not for the fact I'm broke, the fact that it's a weird and expensive caliber might not have kept me from being tempted to buy it. It's a nice gun, even if it's not my preferred format.

I have never understood why the 10mm didn't take off. I've heard it's because there aren't any nice guns in 10mm but I don't believe that at all after handling one.

Ive always heard the Grip was just to big for most people i got big paws so nothing is really big to me.

Actually if not for the fact it has an external safety and I'm flat broke, I would have bought it regardless of its caliber.

I've recently had someone reccommend Smith and Wesson autos to me, and this person made a good suggestion.

I wish something like the 1006 in a more conventional caliber like .40 or 9mm and no external safety existed.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Euclidean
    Actually if not for the fact it has an external safety and I'm flat broke, I would have bought it regardless of its caliber.

I've recently had someone reccommend Smith and Wesson autos to me, and this person made a good suggestion.

I wish something like the 1006 in a more conventional caliber like .40 or 9mm and no external safety existed.

S&W makes DAO .40 and 9mm too. Or exactly as the 1006 just diffrent calibers. Personally I always found the S&W autos a bit bulky and heavy.

I'm used to that Ruger. All other guns seem light.

Are many of their autos single stacks? They sure seem to have low capacities and that would explain why. I admit I know little of Smith autos.

Cool SPEAKING OF 10mm -Took my wife to the range and.....

Well some older gent decided that my attractive wife needed to try his Glock 20. Thinking that the "little lady" might try a man's gun. My wife took his Glock 20 and shot out the X ring and then shot a smily face on the torso target's face. She then politely handed the stunned gentleman back his pistol and thank him. NOW SHE WANTS A 10MM GLOCK 20!!!!!!!!!!! "Ooooh that was fun" "Let's get one of those". "If someone broke in the house I could protect myself better with one of those than my dinky 9mm." Yeah right! She is deadly with that "dinky" 9mm. She also shot a perfect score with a Kel-tec P32. She could have a slingshot and still have an advantage. Well I have to start saving for a Glock 20. Anyone else have these problems

Thumbs up

hey there
    Speaking of 10mm's I found a Delta Elite with a lotta extra parts on it.....with box, papers, etc. I placed it on HOLD til I can get my butt up to see it today........I've had one before, and it shot really well.....This one may also be a sleeper gun, just like the Lightweight Commander I sucked up a couple weeks ago.... I'll let you know what's up with the gun.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Glock 29---- Have fired my buddies at the range quite a few times. Between that and his G36 seems to me that the 36 has more recoil. The 29 definately has more flash and over pressure. The 10's have quite a few bullets to choose from. The 155's to the 200's being the norm. He hunts with a G20 and 200's and they seem to do a great job on 200+ pound hogs. For 2 legged hogs I can't see that a HOT loaded 155 would over penetrate. I'd love to see Glock come out with a single stack,mid size(like the 19 and 23) 10mm.I might come very close to buying one . The people that I know that use a Glock in 10mm,both for CCW and hunting,ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM. IMHO the 10mm is a great cartridge.

I have a Delta Elite that I use to use on duty because my boss told me I had to get a auto so I went with it instead of the Glock. This was back in the 80s. Now its gets carried once and a while.

The 10mm does nothing that the .45 Super doesn't do better, for a lot less money spent on guns, components,dies, magazines, and so on. The .45 Super case is not a whit thicker than the .45 ACP case. The ammo makers are just scared of blowing up some old clunker .45 and getting sued over it. If you use .45 Super case in a gun barrel that's not marked .45 Super, you have less standing to sue successfully. It's not that the .45 ACP case can't handle such pressures.

30 years ago, Dean Grinnel and Mason Williams were getting 165 gr jhp's over 1400 fps in a regular 5" 1911, using 10.0 grs of Unique.

Two posts into the forum and you start attacking people for thier choices of firearms? If you have nothing to add but discontent, then add nothing, or admit to being Gunkid. Disremember anyone mentioning the 45 Super. Nobody but triton makes the ammo, and the cheapest stuff is more expensive than anything 10mm except for Glasers.
    Tanfolgio makes an excellent 10mm DA/SA. Dan Wesson/CZ-USA announce the new DW 10mm autos recently. I like the Razorback, but would go with the Tan simply because i like CZ style ergonomics, and DA/SA operation, not strictly SA.
    Last edited by armoredman; April 22nd, 2005 at 04:57 PM.
    If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?

You can say that that's what it is. I look at it as good advice for the guys who read it, and don't buy one.

Whatever.
    If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?

Sirry? The actual facts about the "45 Super" Cgt is, that the manufaturer SPECIFICALLY mentions "Not for use in 45ACP" I don't think you'll see many people, besides reloaders using the load. I mayself have not had the intrest in that Ctg, but I've had the 451 Win Mag in the Detonics Mk VII series.. Didn't do much for me, but that was my preference. I would prefer the 10MM over that round, but then again, back to preferences. As for "Clunkers" I'm sure, that most of us here have them, and would stake their lives on them as well. I do believe this was a thread about 10MM's wasn't it? LOL
    Armoredman? I agree with you 250% on your statments..

you mean 45 super isnt dead yet? course as said there is only one maker of ammo ... my HK usp can shoot it but why bother

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links