Who carries a Ruger SR9C?

This is a discussion on Who carries a Ruger SR9C? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife recently got her Concealed Handgun Permit and doesn't like the recoil of my EDC, a Ruger LC9. She used a rental SR9C to ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Who carries a Ruger SR9C?

Who carries a Ruger SR9C?

My wife recently got her Concealed Handgun Permit and doesn't like the recoil of my EDC, a Ruger LC9. She used a rental SR9C to practice and qualify on the CHP class. The SR9C's fatter grip seems to lessen the pain she feels from the recoil and is more pleasant to shoot than the thin grip of the LC9. We rented an SR9C at the range again this weekend and it was a pleasure to shoot. I was trying out other rentals as well including the SR9 and CZ P-07. I kept going back to the SR9C. It was EASY to hit the bullseye, and groups with all holes touching were common. The SR9C's trigger was outstanding!

This weekend I sold my LC9, extra mag, and 5 holsters to fund buying an SR9C which I plan to pick up at lunch today. As soon as I have function tested the SR9C for reliability, I may end up selling my Glock 23 to fund buying another one so the wife and I will both have one and be able to share magazines. I'm a little indecisive at the moment if I want to standardize on one caliber, the 9mm since I just picked up a case of 1000 rounds of 9mm this weekend, or want diversity and will keep the .40 S&W Glock 23. I shoot the Glock very well and its 100% reliable, but I just don't ENJOY shooting it because of the grip. I absolutely enjoyed shooting the SR9C. Decisions, decisions.

The funny thing is that my wife doesn't care for the bling of a two-tone model and wants the all black model, whereas I want the two-tone model with stainless slide.
    Last edited by Chesafreak; February 10th, 2014 at 04:31 PM.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

I love mine! Eats anything I feed it and never had a glitch. It spends most of it's time on my hip.
    Ghost1958 and kahrcarrier like this.

My son-in-law's EDC is a SR9C. I've enjoyed some trigger-time with it. He's been nothing but pleased & I've been nothing but impressed. Fine choice!
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Just saw this thread after I posted a new one about this gun....OOPS!

Good to hear some positive reports though!
    Ghost1958 likes this.

I just got back from buying one while on my lunch break. I really like how the extra magazine is extended with a grip extension included. I plan on taking it home after work and doing a detail strip, paying close attention to cleaning out the firing pin channel.
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

I'll not trade mine for anything. Carried an M&P 40c at first, than got the Ruger SR40c and it stays on my hip.

Smokey
    Ghost1958 likes this.

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    SEARCH is your friend

gun plain rocks,plenty of happy owners on here
    Ghost1958 likes this.

Great pistol, love mine.
    Fits my hand better than the G17 and G19, and somehow I shoot it better too.

Now you might keep your options open for your wife. If she loves the SR9C, great!
    But for something even thinner with less snappy recoil and easier to rack, think about the LC380.
    Same as the LC9, but different caliber.

I carry the SR40c and love it. If you're thinking diversify, I definitely recommend it!

Bought one for my daughter and after shooting it I suddenly realized that it should have been mine.
    Ghost1958 and SteelerFan like this.
    It's Range Time!

Sr40c 12262013c.jpgSR40C-`12262013.jpg Love my SR40C (If 9mm would show up more in Wally World & sporting good stores, I'd buy the SR9C too)
    Ghost1958 and SteelerFan like this.
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

A friend of mine is going to buy the next one he finds.
    Ghost1958 likes this.

Have been carrying mine for 3-1/2 years. Love it.
    Ghost1958 and kahrcarrier like this.

Had and Sr40C and I loved it, but changed to 9mm... waiting to replace it with an SR9C.
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Have both the sr40 and sr40c. Love them both, one stays on my hip the other next to the bed.
    Kennydale likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links