Ruger SR9c - Page 2

Ruger SR9c

This is a discussion on Ruger SR9c within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was looking at the SR9C pretty hard a month or two ago. I wound up with a G26, but only because I already had ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Ruger SR9c

I was looking at the SR9C pretty hard a month or two ago. I wound up with a G26, but only because I already had G19 mags sitting around my house. The Ruger is a sweet little carry gun; I wouldn't mind having one at all. It seems like a solid choice to me.
    Ghost1958 likes this.

put over 1000 rounds thru mine, never a hiccup, misfire of any kind
    Ghost1958 likes this.

Distinguished Member
    My first carry gun was a SR9c. I won't ever part with it. Thousands of rounds and no issues. Very accurate and I shoot it well. It almost disappears in my IWB holsters. Great gun. No issues with the mags not falling free.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Wife gave me one, probably wouldn't have got it myself, but I was pleasantly surprised. Love the thing. Just the right size.
    Ghost1958 likes this.

My sr40C was a fantastic carry gun. The Sr9C is comparable. recoil is mild, it is very accurate and easily concealed under most clothing. It is a great gun for both CC and home defense as well, with the extended magazine and grip adapter.
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

New Member Array underlocknrust's Avatar
    I have really enjoy carrying and shooting mine. Chose it over a Glock 26. I liked the ergonomics more... And the price.
    ninjahippie and Ghost1958 like this.

Bought one for my wife about a year and a half ago. She handled several guns and came back to that one every time. Turned out it was a great shooter, fits her hand well, and she can rack the slide with ease. To boot, we picked it up for $400 bucks. I would highly recommend it.
    Ghost1958 likes this.

I took my friend to the gun shop yesterday to look at one....GONE, man was walking out the door with it.
    underlocknrust likes this.

What is so awful about the loaded chamber indicator? I have seen this as the major drawback in a lot of reviews. I have never seen one so don't quite know what you are talking about.....

Thanks...I am going to be saving up my pennies.....Cant wait to try one out first though!

I EDC the SR40C, I have never had and issue with any magazine falling out in my hand. Excellent shooter, great carry gun, never a problem on the range.
    Ghost1958 likes this.

I like the magazine safety. If you have to leave your gun in your vehicle, drop the mag and put it in your pocket!
    gun is out of service for awhile....
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFan View Post
    What is so awful about the loaded chamber indicator? I have seen this as the major drawback in a lot of reviews. I have never seen one so don't quite know what you are talking about.....

Thanks...I am going to be saving up my pennies.....Cant wait to try one out first though!

When you see it you will know. It sticks up way higher than is necessary to let you know there is a round in the chamber, and it breaks up the line of the top of the barrel. It could be made to stick up less and still be effective.

Quote Originally Posted by buckshotshorty View Post
    When you see it you will know. It sticks up way higher than is necessary to let you know there is a round in the chamber, and it breaks up the line of the top of the barrel. It could be made to stick up less and still be effective.
    Mine sticks up about 1/8", does not get into the sight alignment, I hardly ever notice it my self.
    Ghost1958 and kmckinnon like this.

I'm digging on all the RUGER LOVE. (As Chris Mathews said I'm getting that tingling feeling). My one and only (at the moment) firearm a Ruger SR40C.
    Last year my friend introduced me to shooting. He is a Ruger FANBOY. I shot his wife's .38 revolver. His LC9, his SR9 and his SR40C. I just fell in love with the .40S&W (he was surprised he thought at 62 i'd gravitate to 9mm)
    fredg53 likes this.
    "A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves !"
    Edwards R. Murrow

Ruger SR9c

Bought one for my daughter and I've ended up taking it to the range quite often and found it to be very reliable.

Last edited by ex95B10; February 12th, 2014 at 06:12 PM.
    Ghost1958 and SteelerFan like this.
    It's Range Time!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links