G22 upper for 300 good or bad ?

This is a discussion on G22 upper for 300 good or bad ? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I have a chance to get a completed ( barrel/spring etc) g22 upper with a spare mag for 312 total online .. Good deal ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By Stevew
  • 1 Post By Taurahe
  • 1 Post By oldman45
  • 1 Post By scgunlover1
  • 1 Post By oldman45

Thread: G22 upper for 300 good or bad ?

Well I have a chance to get a completed ( barrel/spring etc) g22 upper with a spare mag for 312 total online .. Good deal or not ..

Even a police refurbished glock is 330 + taxs around here ... So I am thinking this slide would be good as 40cal seems to be in plentifully supply around here ..

Also I am guess this is not wise to use as a carry gun unless you change the extractor correct ? Or should I be good to go..

Thanks
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

When you can get a complete gun (police trade in) for about the same price? No, I don't think it is a good deal. I would rather have two guns.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

VIP Member
    Would much rather have the whole gun than just an additional upper. If you were saying you could get it for $150 or so I'd say jump on it. But for a few dollars more having a police trade in that has likely been carried a lot and shot very little is a much better idea.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Bad. Spend the extra money and get a complete gun.

I paid $350 for an almost new Glock 22 Gen4 with 5 mags.
    "Holy crap, what a turd that thing was. I love Ruger, but man, the first time I pulled the trigger I thought I was going to have a birthday before it broke. " - Yarg28

Administrator
    Sounds like a dumb idea to me.
    "Just blame Sixto"

If you really want it, its your money but I wouldnt do it. I can buy complete guns for 300 bucks.
    scgunlover1 likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar
    I bought a slightly used Glock 22 for $400 with the box and all the accessories. If it were me, I would run away from the offer you were made because it is not a deal or even a good buy.
    scgunlover1 likes this.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

VIP Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    Well I have a chance to get a completed ( barrel/spring etc) g22 upper with a spare mag for 312 total online .. Good deal or not ..

Even a police refurbished glock is 330 + taxs around here ... So I am thinking this slide would be good as 40cal seems to be in plentifully supply around here ..

Also I am guess this is not wise to use as a carry gun unless you change the extractor correct ? Or should I be good to go..

Thanks
    Not sure how you view parts for about the same price you can get a complete gun that has been returned to factory spec's is a good deal. I'd spend the few extra dollars and get the complete gun.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    i just ordered a used one for 299

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    I wouldn't do it. Save your money and get a complete gun new or used.
    oldman45 likes this.
    SCGunLover1

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar
    As a second thought, are you planning on a current Glock breaking and you needing the spare parts? If so, forget it. I certainly do not like Glocks but they work and virtually trouble free. They may be heavy, bulky, ugly and have some issues with safety but you could spend a lifetime shooting it daily and the odds are you would not have a problem.

I use them for loaning to new shooters because they cannot damage one.
    GhostMaker likes this.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Links