Laser/Light for Glock 19

This is a discussion on Laser/Light for Glock 19 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi all. I've been away for some time but it's good to see the forums are still going strong. Lots of good advice, as always. ...

Thread: Laser/Light for Glock 19

Laser/Light for Glock 19

Hi all.
    I've been away for some time but it's good to see the forums are still going strong. Lots of good advice, as always.

I'm looking for a good laser/light combo for my G19. Primarily for home defence.
    I tried one from IJK Optics but it kept popping off when I tried it at the range.
    Next bet is the Glock GTL 22 which seems good but is expensive.

Can I please get some feedback on the following:
    1. Which Laser/Light combo's work well with the G19?
    2. Your personal experiences with the GTL 22.
    3. Are there any reputable suppliers able to export to South Africa?

2. Remove Ads

I peronal like the CT stuff the TLR-2 for example has mult rails can be used on a lot of guns and is very bright ..

I dont have the glock model but I like how it works ...

As for shipping to South Africa that I dont know what you will run into is ITAR and a lot of gun and gun parts will need a export lic for them from the US gov ... Export Policy and Export Restrictions Information

World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools - BROWNELLS seems to clear it up a bit for me ...

I guess the key is fidning out if Light esp laser can be export withouth ITAR I dont think they can though

This is the light I like TLR-2 WEAPON LIGHT/LASER SIGHT | Brownells
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Thank you. Will give them a try.

Check this one out: Amazon.com: Viridian X5L Universal Mount Green Laser Sight with Tac Light (Black): Sports & Outdoors

Go to Viridian's home page for more details and videos. MidwayUSA also has good prices.

I have the TLR-1 for my gen. 4 G19 and it works like a dream: practically lights up the whole room! Go to amazon.com and you'll find this Streamlight listed for around $ 100; retail it can be listed for as much as $130-$140.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

I have a Crimson Trace laser AND a Streamlight TLR1 on my G19. I like the idea of redundant systems. The batteries are unlikely to fail in both...at the same time. Both companies should have dealers shipping to South Africa.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutrodoc View Post
    Check this one out: Amazon.com: Viridian X5L Universal Mount Green Laser Sight with Tac Light (Black): Sports & Outdoors

Go to Viridian's home page for more details and videos. MidwayUSA also has good prices.
    I looked at Midway it sounds like they wont ship overseas unless you used one of there overseas sellers and South Africa does not have one .. That was my reading of it at least
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Thanks for the feedback.
    Have tried many leads, even one from UK. None ship to SA.
    Some export restrictions.

Oh well, will have to bite the bullet and source locally...

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutrodoc View Post

I have an X5L mounted on my Five-seveN, so I can't speak about fitment on a Glock 19. But it's probably the best all-in-one firearm accessory I can think of; it's light, it's very bright, it's been reliable, and the strobe function works equally well in illuminating dark rooms as well as being very visually disorienting if you're on the wrong end of it.

Links