Role of each of your guns?

This is a discussion on Role of each of your guns? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Many of us seem to have more than one carry gun. I know that I do. I thought it would be fun to have everyone ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Role of each of your guns?

Many of us seem to have more than one carry gun. I know that I do. I thought it would be fun to have everyone list their main carry guns and describe when and why they carry that particular gun. I will start:

NAA Pug mini revolver - used for those times when I cannot carry anything bigger like at the swimming pool.

Glock 42 - my most comfortable gun and one that I can rapidly shoot very accurately. I use this when going to relatively local safe areas like visiting a friend nearby, getting a haircut, etc. It also fits nicely in all my pockets and is very flat and unnoticeable.

S&W 360PD - At 11 ounces and capable of shooting a .357 magnum, it goes with me when I want to pocket carry something with a large caliber when not concerned about number of rounds. Like just driving from here to there through a not so nice area. Always have a speed loader or two on me. Most times I load it with .38 +P as I can get off more shots rapidly than I can with .357 magnum loads.

Sig P938 - for when I want a 9mm that fits in my pocket

S&W Shield - for when I want a 9mm on my belt

Glock 19 - for when I want more rounds of 9mm on my belt. Doubles as my living room home defense gun in a quick and easily reached handgun safe. I like always have a gun nearby without having to carry one from room to room.

Sig M11 -A1 - When I want to feel very comfortable with my gun. I was competed and was raised on all metal guns with DA/SA or SA triggers. This gun is my most accurate gun in my hands. I can put 4 out of 5 rounds into a 5" circle off hand at 25 yards. Due to its weight, recoil is very mild and the muzzle does not rise much. This is my gun for those times I think I may need a gun. Also is my desk gun when I am working.

Ruger 1911 CMD - Carried when I think I may need a larger caliber like driving through our State Forest or other areas where there may be the medium sized black bear around her. Most are around 300 lbs or so. Also carry it when I think it will be one or two on one due to the circumstances of what I am doing. I also will carry it instead of the above Sig when concealment is more of a problem. It is flat and carries very well under an un-tucked shirt. Also sits in my night table every night.

I also have a Sig P238 and another snub nose but they are rarely carried since replacing them with other guns. I keep them because they are still good guns. The P238 fits into my fanny pack that I wear when I ride my bicycle and have night sights which the Glock 42 does not. My other snub nose is heavier than my 360 PD and has a clip grip that allows me to just tuck it into my waist band and secure it by its grip. Great for when you just want to grab a gun and run to someplace local that has not seen any crime in a very long time. Also good for those times when I wear pants without a belt.

All of my guns are working guns. I used to just buy guns because I liked them but that got to be very expensive and I ended up with more guns than I could shoot in a year. With the price of ammo these days it becomes very expensive to shoot all the gun I had in my collection so I just kept my favorite carry guns, some of which do double duty as home defense guns.
    blitzburgh and WrongRecroom like this.
    The worst thing about growing old is that other men no longer see you as dangerous.

2. Remove Ads

SR40C most of the time on my ankle.

Ruger lcp when in dress clothes that don't cover the ankle that well.
    NRA Member
    Ruger SR40C
    Ruger LCP
    Ruger American 308
    Ruger 10/22
    Think I have an issue with Ruger!

Shoot bullets
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

I have one that fills every role that my rifle can't fill. A Glock 36. Big, small, short, fat, tall, skinny, plastic, wood, metal, large caliber, small caliber, small capacity, large capacity, pretty, ugly, one gun, one role.

I like variety.
    LimaCharlie, RickyD, OD* and 3 others like this.

Some are for self-defense, some are for hunting, some are for target shooting, and some are just for fun.
    molleur, Longstreet and Eric357 like this.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

I have several different guns, including rifles, shotguns, revolvers, and semi-autos. However, there are only two that I concealed carry. The majority of the time, I carry a full size 1911 - in a leather Galco IWB holster, a leather Galco OWB holster, or a Galco Miami Classic shoulder holster, depending on how I'm dressed, what I'm driving/riding, where I'm going, etc. On the occasions in the summer when due to the temperature I am wearing a tank top and cargo shorts, which makes concealing a full size 1911 difficult, I pocket carry a S&W 642 in a Nemesis pocket holster.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Quote Originally Posted by dcj64 View Post
    SR40C most of the time on my ankle.

Ruger lcp when in dress clothes that don't cover the ankle that well.
    \

Do you have a picture and name of holster, . I carry an SR40C. I am fascinated by an ankle holster for it :)
    If you can, always carry, you can't choose the moments, they choose you. - Colion Noir (2013)

Glock 20 for when I'm also going to be hog hunting that day.
    Glock 29 for daily carry most of the time these days.
    Para Ordnance .45 "Warthog" (3" barrel, stainless) for when I feel like dressing up or want something heavy enough to use as a club after running out of ammo. :)
    Sig P229 in .357SIG for when I guess I'm just in a Sig mood. :)
    Most of the rest of them are just for the range or don't get carried very much.
    Last edited by WilliamDahl; February 19th, 2014 at 12:28 AM.

Most problems in life can be solved with sufficient quantities of high explosives -- or penicillin...

I HATE CENSORSHIP !!!

More info about me

RIA 1911: All purpose, go anywhere gun. Conceals just fine in everything but my speedo.

Glock 32: For when it's a .357SIG kind of day. If you're a fan of the .357SIG, you know exactly what kind of days those are.

Taurus M85 (BUG): This reliable little fella is in charge of making sure the RIA or Glock are on their best behavior.

Kel-tec PF32/9 (BUG): Also tasked with keeping the RIA or Glock in line. Great for when I may be wearing basketball shorts/sweats and go on a cig/snack run.

SCCY CPX-2: For when I feel like carrying a 9mm, which isn't very often.
    40Bob likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    M&P Shield 9mm- My normal carry gun when I'm off of work (can't carry). Also main car carry gun when not on my belt.
    LCP .380- My most carried gun. I carry this as an all purpose gun. If I have to go to the store, like tonight, I carry this. It's better than nothing and I can't strap on my holster for my 9mm after work to go get gas or run to the store.
    Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control. It also makes criminals out of otherwise law abiding citzens.

ruger SR9C next to my bed, shield 9MM for my EDC. the rest are in my safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennydale View Post
    \

Do you have a picture and name of holster, . I carry an SR40C. I am fascinated by an ankle holster for it :)
    It is a DeSantis Apache holster, here is a Picgun .JPG

Hides very well under all pants, the problem with dress pants is when you sit down they ride up to far and it sticks out!
    NRA Member
    Ruger SR40C
    Ruger LCP
    Ruger American 308
    Ruger 10/22
    Think I have an issue with Ruger!

Glock 19 owb EDC with spare magazine, Makarov 9x18 mm at home (never carry). Wanted: everything that you can think of! ����

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar
    My S&W custom 1911 is to stay beside me all the time.

The rest are to remain in safes waiting for me to need one for what ever reason.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    If I had weapons they would have to go bang and they would be everywhere.
    molleur likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links