M&P 9c 22 caliber conversion.

This is a discussion on M&P 9c 22 caliber conversion. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi, does anyone make a 22 cal conversion kit for m&p 9c?. I've looked but cant seem to find one....

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mlk18

Thread: M&P 9c 22 caliber conversion.

Hi, does anyone make a 22 cal conversion kit for m&p 9c?. I've looked but cant seem to find one.

I dont think one is one the market as of yet .. Apex 2012 Fall Newsletter « Will Work For Ammo ? Apex Tactical Specialties had mentions makeing one but I dont know how far they got ..

The issue I see is that unlike Glock/Bretta/sig and othere there is a deticaeted 22lr m&p on the market ... Right now unless I am missing something that might be the only options...

The only caliber conversion kits I know of are for 40 to 9 and 40 to 357 sig ..

But maybe someone else knows something I dont
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    I dont think one is one the market as of yet .. Apex 2012 Fall Newsletter « Will Work For Ammo ? Apex Tactical Specialties had mentions makeing one but I dont know how far they got ..

The issue I see is that unlike Glock/Bretta/sig and othere there is a deticaeted 22lr m&p on the market ... Right now unless I am missing something that might be the only options...

The only caliber conversion kits I know of are for 40 to 9 and 40 to 357 sig ..

But maybe someone else knows something I dont
    I'd buy one when they come out! But if .22 would become available I would just buy the .22 M&P and call it a day... two guns are better than one...
    There are only two times you can have too much ammo,when you are drowning or on fire. - I wish I knew the mans name who said this so I could give him credit!

I have a fairly good-sized collection of M&Ps and have been waiting for a 22 caliber conversion slide and barrel for sometime. As another poster said, Apex has one in the works as I'm sure does tactical solutions and others. When and if they become available I will start the hunt for a dedicated frame as I prefer to have a gun and not just a conversion.

But I also have a M&P22 and really like it. I shoot it quite a bit and have only had one issue. Somewhere around the 3,000 round mark I got a kink in the recoil spring which began to cause the slide to lock back after each round. I sent Smith & Wesson an email requesting a new spring, got an email back two days later saying that the springs were backordered but they would send one out as soon as possible. About two weeks later there was a spring in my mailbox. Now it's back to perfect feeding and functioning.
    WrongRecroom likes this.

I too second buying a 22lr m&p I like the gun a lot plus having 12-15 rounds on deck is very nice ..

Also for me one of the easier 22lr pistol to field strip imop ....
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Sponsored Links