Glock 42 problems?

Glock 42 problems?

This is a discussion on Glock 42 problems? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; UPDATED: More Glock 42 problems reported Came across this article just a little bit ago. I had the opportunity to pick up a new g42 ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Easy8
  • 2 Post By ccw9mm
  • 1 Post By Hodad
  • 1 Post By Sectionchief

Thread: Glock 42 problems?

Glock 42 problems?

UPDATED: More Glock 42 problems reported
    Came across this article just a little bit ago. I had the opportunity to pick up a new g42 a couple weeks ago and I'm kind of glad I went with my instincts and decided to hold off until they get the bugs worked out. Any G42 owners having problems like stovepipes, FTE and FTF? (btw wasn't sure if this is a post that's already been covered, if it is, I didn't see the other one)
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large, is that they be properly armed."

Have about 400 rds thru mine nothing so far. Used starfire for about 250 rds feed great thats our carry rd an the rest were my reloads love the weapon runs sweet very accurate
    DetChris likes this.

I get mine in a day or two.
    I'm going to handrack the bejeezus out of it as well as work the mag springs a bit before I test it out at the range.

v1.0 blues.

Hard to know the track record of a given gun until it has, um, a track record. Goes for Glock the same as everyone else.
    Rollo and WHEC724 like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Mine has been sewing machine reliable. Zero issues. About 500 rounds so far. All sorts of ammo.

The gun is an entirely new platform from the ground up. It's going through mass production pains like most first year products do. We'll see how it all pans out at the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rugerdude12 View Post
    UPDATED: More Glock 42 problems reported
    Came across this article just a little bit ago. I had the opportunity to pick up a new g42 a couple weeks ago and I'm kind of glad I went with my instincts and decided to hold off until they get the bugs worked out. Any G42 owners having problems like stovepipes, FTE and FTF? (btw wasn't sure if this is a post that's already been covered, if it is, I didn't see the other one)
    These issues are widely reported. Bottom line is that the G42 is picky with ammo. Reprtedly, it loves Speer Gold Dot and WWB. I'm not really sure how Glock could have missed this issue. I guess they only tested with certain brands. There's some people that are angry and some that are happy and will just keep using the ammo brands that work. With reporters calling, i have a feeling it may get fixed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

VIP Member
    Mine is ammo picky. Feed it what it likes and it runs like a champ.

For those who reload. I have been using 4 gr unique with a berrys 115 gr plated rn they run fine through the 42

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    I never buy first edition guns or cars.
    ccw9mm likes this.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

Glock "Perfection", 60% of the time, it works every time!

I suppose all us Glock owners and the Fanboys need to take it down a notch when we hold Glock in such high esteem as the one gun to rule them all!

Glock's fail too!
    drewski1325 likes this.

Here's Jerry Miculek's review of the G42:

Have tried three different brands of ammo in my recently purchased Glock 42. The gun appears somewhat ammo finicky. Runs perfectly with no malfunctions shooting Winchester white box, won't function at all with American Eagle (consistent FTF's and FTE's), fires Crtical Defense fine (just won't load first round using slide release lever. Using the slingshot method, the first round loads fine, although a bit roughly). Ordered some Golden Sabre, Gold Dot and Federal Hydra Shok to do some more testing. Right now, the only round I feel confident carrying is the Winchester White Box.

Must have got a good one, I shoot reloads with all kinds of range brass never a problem, used gold dots, starfire an buffalo bore not one prob.

Distinguished Member
    Mine had no trouble with 5 different brands and kinds of ammo. I guess I too got a good one. I used to get a lot of FTE and FTF problems with a few small guns but when I sold them, the buyer had no problems. I have meaty hands and small guns do not allow me to get a proper grip which is why I bought the Glock 42. I tried two LCP's without success and yet two relatives had no problems with theirs. I know that I need to stay away from small and lightweight guns.
    The worst thing about growing old is that other men no longer see you as dangerous.

Links